Need to change path for installing packages

No, it should be fine. :wink:

1 Like

Installation command

grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=Manjaro --force
returned error code 1

Hmm… For some reason Calamares doesn’t like your computer. :frowning_face:

Is that with a GPT partition table?

1 Like

Thats strange because I have installed manjaro three times before it, a few days ago.

Wouldnt be anything about uefi-bios changing or my devices?

Don’t remember if it’s GPT, just did automatically.

Edit: there’s no command in chroot for formatting my HD and SSD? Don’t know if that would help. Also, when inserting USB live environment before live Manjaro enters up it shows that message about not running initramfsm

If the CMOS battery is at the end of its rope, then that may happen. :man_shrugging:

If it installs in UEFI mode, then it’ll choose GPT.

The UEFI specification does allow for the combination of UEFI with an MBR partition table, but not all UEFI implementations support it, so GPT is the safer choice.

Um, I don’t understand why you would want to do that from a chroot, but I either way think that it wouldn’t be allowed due to the filesystem being mounted — the chroot would be using it.

That’s because your system is trying to boot from the internal drive, not from the USB. Usually you can get a boot menu at power-up if you press F11 or a similar key.

Once again, this should normally be shown on the screen when the firmware boots up, but you’ll have to pay attention, because it may flash by too quickly.

1 Like

Once I saw that error and closed installer, I opened up again and could install.

I am actually sending this message from a installed system :astonished:

But notice everything’s slower, well I didn’t put boot in the ssd this time, but that’s ok. We’ll get there.

Do you know anything I can do to check up my internal devices? Just to know if everything is on place

1 Like

Well, if you’re not squeamish about opening up the machine, it always pays to check if the connectors and RAM modules are all properly seated. And you can use smartctl to check the health of your drives. But that’s about it, I think. :slight_smile:

In addition to the above, you can check the logs, but most people enter a panic when they see any warnings in them. They are only warnings, though, not errors.

The kernel has a message ring buffer, which means that it is limited in the amount of information it can contain — the information is not stored on disk — and as such, when new information is added, the older information will be removed from memory; first in, first out.

But you can check right after booting by opening a terminal and typing… :arrow_down:

sudo dmesg | less

You can navigate with the arrow keys, and you quit the pager by pressing q.

Another thing you can do is check the boot logs that are stored on disk, by way of the jounalctl command. For instance, the command… :arrow_down:

jounalctl --boot

… will show all logged messages since the last boot, including warnings, errors and regular verbosity regarding what the system is doing. It uses the same pager as the dmesg command I gave you higher up.

For more information, see the manual… :arrow_down:

man journalctl
1 Like