Need to build from source

I am wanting to install mandlebulber which is a 3d fractal art app, but it only comes as source files and it lists a number of packages the I need to build it. I tried pacmanning them but it doesn’t recognize them… In the hope somebody else does, here is the list they give:

packages needed to COMPILE
build-essential qt5-default libpng-dev qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools
libgsl-dev libgomp1 qtmultimedia5-dev libqt5multimedia5-plugins
libsndfile1-dev liblzo2-dev

Is there something equivalent for Manjaro?

i don’t think you need to compile the dependencies as they should be in the repos anyway.
Also there is an AUR-Package for mandlebubler that would make life easier for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or rather there are 4 AUR packages:

4 aur/mandelbulber2-opencl-git 20190622-1 (+2 0.33) 
    3D application designed to render 3D fractals such as the Mandelbulb, Mandelbox, BulbBox, JuliaBulb, Menger Sponge, and Iterated Function Systems. Git version.
3 aur/mandelbulber-opencl 1.21-2 (+7 0.00) (Out-of-date: 2020-01-30) 
    3D application designed to render 3D fractals such as the Mandelbulb, Mandelbox, BulbBox, JuliaBulb, Menger Sponge, and Iterated Function Systems.
2 aur/mandelbulber2-git 20170801-1 (+8 0.39) 
    3D application designed to render 3D fractals such as the Mandelbulb, Mandelbox, BulbBox, JuliaBulb, Menger Sponge, and Iterated Function Systems. Git version.
1 aur/mandelbulber2 2.22-1 (+10 0.39) 
    3D application designed to render 3D fractals such as the Mandelbulb, Mandelbox, BulbBox, JuliaBulb, Menger Sponge, and Iterated Function Systems.

Choose what you like … probably the first one.
See this for how to use the AUR:
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Arch_User_Repository

1 Like

it’s building at the moment but I picked the one at the top of the list before I realized number 1 is at the bottom :blush: … I’ll be back to let you know if it works. :wink:

edite: yes… it’s working… that was a lot easier than I thought it would be… I can’t find the way to mark it as “solution”, but thanks to both of you! :kissing_heart:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.