Need help on compiling kernel

System:    Host: neurofire Kernel: 5.10.5-1-MANJARO-ARM aarch64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.20.5 
           tk: Qt 5.15.2 wm: kwin_x11 dm: SDDM Distro: Manjaro ARM 
CPU:       Info: 6-Core (2-Die) model: N/A variant-1: cortex-a53 variant-2: cortex-a73 bits: 64 type: MCP MCM arch: ARMv8 
           rev: 4 
           features: Use -f option to see features bogomips: 0 
           Speed: 2208 MHz min/max: 100/1800:2208 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1800 2: 1800 3: 2208 4: 2208 5: 2208 6: 2208 
Graphics:  Device-1: meson-g12a-mali driver: panfrost v: kernel bus ID: N/A chip ID: amlogic:ffe40000 
           Device-2: meson-g12a-dw-hdmi driver: meson_dw_hdmi v: N/A bus ID: N/A chip ID: amlogic:ff600000 
           Display: x11 server: X.org 1.20.10 compositor: kwin_x11 driver: modesetting alternate: fbdev 
           resolution: <xdpyinfo missing> 
           OpenGL: renderer: Mali G52 (Panfrost) v: 3.1 Mesa 21.1.0-devel direct render: Yes 

Need help. After a recent update of Manjaro KDE, I’m having graphics problems, which I already posted about https://forum.manjaro.org/t/graphics-glitches-after-upgrading-to-manjaro-5-10-5-1-and-plasma-5-20-5-on-khadas-vim3-pro/50053/3. Panfrost was blamed, I talked to mesa devs, they think it’s a kernel issue that should be fixed in 5.11 https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/4157. Anyways, since the 5.11 kernel for my device (Khadas VIM3 Pro) seems a while away, I wanted to try compiling my own kernel from kernel.org, for use in my Manjaro KDE system. I have not done this before.

I looked around, and came across some guides e.g. https://forum.manjaro.org/t/howto-build-your-very-first-custom-kernel/47683, git cloned linux, copied config file, ran menuconfig, then finally make. I keep running into compile errors at different points, and the error messages are not always the same. I’ve tried playing with -j* and that causes different errors, and I get further without it.

Question:

1. Is it feasible for me to try compile a vanilla mainline Linux kernel using my ARM64 device? The CPU and memory loads seem not to be limiting based on monitors.

2. Is it feasible to use this vanilla mainline kernel and slot it into my current distro?

3. After running menuconfig, the config file becomes markedly shorter compared to the config file on my current system - is this a problem? If so, how do I fix it?

I’ve thought long and hard about whether this was the right place to post this, or whether to post on the Khadas forum, or send it to someone at kernel.org. But since I want to try keep things close to Manjaro as possible, since I’m trying to compile on a Manjaro device, and since all this started being an issue after a Manjaro update, not to mention that dealing Linux on ARM is a scary place for me (as is kernel building), I am reaching out on this forum once again to see if I can get help on this matter. I’ve tried putting up with the graphics glitches and to just wait for the next kernel update, but also the mesa devs are also asking me to let me know if their patch works (written in response to the issue I raised) with a kernel update to 5.11 or at least 5.10.14.

Thank you

I have used Gentoo and on this system, you need to configure and compile the kernel yourself.

1. You need to install the kernel sources
  2. Copy the .config file and run make cloneconfig
  3. Then run menuconfig or run xconfig.

Thanks, but I don’t think cloneconfig works in my case…

[aurion@neurofire linux]$ make cloneconfig
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'cloneconfig'.  Stop.
make: *** [Makefile:601: cloneconfig] Error 2

Would love to upload copies of my .config before and after running menuconfig (after zcat /proc/config.gz >> .config), but not sure how to do that here

The G52 is not really stable on Panfrost yet. Lots of development happening.

My Odroid N2 has the least glitches with mesa-git and linux-rc packages. It’s not perfect, but it’s the best we have right now.

Sorry, I don’t know what linux-rc packages are. It looks like they’re at 5.11. Is this something that I can install on my VIM3?

Yes. It should work just fine.

Great. I just installed it - I didn’t even know this existed! Seems to have fixed a lot of my issues, though there are minor glitches as you mentioned.
Thank you!

Hello everyone,

now: not sure whether to open a new thread or write it here:

Just a simple question. I would like to edit my kernel config and get out all the stuff i don’t need.
Reasonable? Or just a cause of problems?

I have done it before on gentoo. Forgot the details. No on ARCH linux doc I found three ways about compiling: MAKEPGK PKGBUILD and the “traditional way”.
What would you advice me to do?

• I have a linux 54 LTS running (Manjaro) plus I use nvidia (not 390) firmware on a quadro 4200 gpu card.

Thanks and have a good evening

B

You should not edit the kernel config file.

Just use make menuconfig, make xconfig, make oldconfig.

Issues resolved, but am still having trouble with compiling a custom kernel.
After git cloning the latest manjaro kernel, copied the old config file, edited the config file, ran updpkgsums. The hang up is at makepkg -s:

[aurion@neurofire linux-rc]$ makepkg -s
==> Making package: linux-rc 5.11.rc7-1 (Wed 10 Feb 2021 02:54:12 PM EST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Found linux-5.11-rc7.tar.gz
  -> Found 0001-net-smsc95xx-Allow-mac-address-to-be-set-as-a-parame.patch
  -> Found 0002-arm64-dts-rockchip-add-usb3-controller-node-for-RK33.patch
  -> Found 0003-arm64-dts-rockchip-enable-usb3-nodes-on-rk3328-rock6.patch
  -> Found 0004-arm64-dts-rockchip-add-HDMI-sound-node-for-rk3328-ro.patch
  -> Found 0005-arm64-dts-allwinner-add-hdmi-sound-to-pine-devices.patch
  -> Found 0006-arm64-dts-allwinner-add-ohci-ehci-to-h5-nanopi.patch
  -> Found 0007-drm-bridge-analogix_dp-Add-enable_psr-param.patch
  -> Found 0008-gpu-drm-add-new-display-resolution-2560x1440.patch
  -> Found 0009-nuumio-panfrost-Silence-Panfrost-gem-shrinker-loggin.patch
  -> Found 0010-arm64-dts-rockchip-Add-Firefly-Station-p1-support.patch
  -> Found 0011-typec-displayport-some-devices-have-pin-assignments-reversed.patch
  -> Found 0012-usb-typec-tcpm-Add-generic-extcon-for-tcpm-enabled-devices.patch
  -> Found 0013-usb-typec-tcpm-Add-generic-extcon-to-tcpm.patch
  -> Found 0014-arm64-rockchip-add-DP-ALT-rockpro64.patch
  -> Found 0015-ayufan-drm-rockchip-add-support-for-modeline-32MHz-e.patch
  -> Found 0016-rk3399-rp64-pcie-Reimplement-rockchip-PCIe-bus-scan-delay.patch
  -> Found 0017-tty-serdev-support-shutdown-op.patch
  -> Found 0018-bluetooth-hci_serdev-Clear-registered-bit-on-unregister.patch
  -> Found 0019-bluetooth-hci_bcm-disable-power-on-shutdown.patch
  -> Found 0020-mmc-core-pwrseq_simple-disable-mmc-power-on-shutdown.patch
  -> Found 0021-usb-typec-bus-Catch-crash-due-to-partner-NULL-value.patch
  -> Found 0022-phy-rockchip-typec-Set-extcon-capabilities.patch
  -> Found 0023-usb-typec-altmodes-displayport-Add-hacky-generic-altmode.patch
  -> Found 0024-sound-soc-codecs-es8316-Run-micdetect-only-if-jack-status.patch
  -> Found 0025-ASoC-soc-jack.c-supported-inverted-jack-detect-GPIOs.patch
  -> Found 0026-arm64-dts-rockchip-add-typec-extcon-hack.patch
  -> Found 0027-arm64-dts-rockchip-setup-USB-type-c-port-as-dual-data-role.patch
  -> Found 0028-revert-arm64-dts-allwinner-a64-Add-I2S2-node.patch
  -> Found 0001-Bluetooth-Add-new-quirk-for-broken-local-ext-features.patch
  -> Found 0003-arm64-allwinner-a64-enable-Bluetooth-On-Pinebook.patch
  -> Found 0004-arm64-dts-allwinner-enable-bluetooth-pinetab-pinepho.patch
  -> Found 0005-dt-bindings-arm-sunxi-add-PineTab-Early-Adopter-edition.patch
  -> Found 0001-revert-fbcon-remove-now-unusued-softback_lines-cursor-argument.patch
  -> Found 0002-revert-fbcon-remove-no-op-fbcon_set_origin.patch
  -> Found 0003-revert-fbcon-remove-soft-scrollback-code.patch
  -> Found 0001-bootsplash.patch
  -> Found 0002-bootsplash.patch
  -> Found 0003-bootsplash.patch
  -> Found 0004-bootsplash.patch
  -> Found 0005-bootsplash.patch
  -> Found 0006-bootsplash.patch
  -> Found 0007-bootsplash.patch
  -> Found 0008-bootsplash.patch
  -> Found 0009-bootsplash.patch
  -> Found 0010-bootsplash.patch
  -> Found 0011-bootsplash.patch
  -> Found 0012-bootsplash.patch
  -> Found config
  -> Found linux.preset
  -> Found 60-linux.hook
  -> Found 90-linux.hook
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
    linux-5.11-rc7.tar.gz ... Passed
    0001-net-smsc95xx-Allow-mac-address-to-be-set-as-a-parame.patch ... Passed
    0002-arm64-dts-rockchip-add-usb3-controller-node-for-RK33.patch ... Passed
    0003-arm64-dts-rockchip-enable-usb3-nodes-on-rk3328-rock6.patch ... Passed
    0004-arm64-dts-rockchip-add-HDMI-sound-node-for-rk3328-ro.patch ... Passed
    0005-arm64-dts-allwinner-add-hdmi-sound-to-pine-devices.patch ... Passed
    0006-arm64-dts-allwinner-add-ohci-ehci-to-h5-nanopi.patch ... Passed
    0007-drm-bridge-analogix_dp-Add-enable_psr-param.patch ... Passed
    0008-gpu-drm-add-new-display-resolution-2560x1440.patch ... Passed
    0009-nuumio-panfrost-Silence-Panfrost-gem-shrinker-loggin.patch ... Passed
    0010-arm64-dts-rockchip-Add-Firefly-Station-p1-support.patch ... Passed
    0011-typec-displayport-some-devices-have-pin-assignments-reversed.patch ... Passed
    0012-usb-typec-tcpm-Add-generic-extcon-for-tcpm-enabled-devices.patch ... Passed
    0013-usb-typec-tcpm-Add-generic-extcon-to-tcpm.patch ... Passed
    0014-arm64-rockchip-add-DP-ALT-rockpro64.patch ... Passed
    0015-ayufan-drm-rockchip-add-support-for-modeline-32MHz-e.patch ... Passed
    0016-rk3399-rp64-pcie-Reimplement-rockchip-PCIe-bus-scan-delay.patch ... Passed
    0017-tty-serdev-support-shutdown-op.patch ... Passed
    0018-bluetooth-hci_serdev-Clear-registered-bit-on-unregister.patch ... Passed
    0019-bluetooth-hci_bcm-disable-power-on-shutdown.patch ... Passed
    0020-mmc-core-pwrseq_simple-disable-mmc-power-on-shutdown.patch ... Passed
    0021-usb-typec-bus-Catch-crash-due-to-partner-NULL-value.patch ... Passed
    0022-phy-rockchip-typec-Set-extcon-capabilities.patch ... Passed
    0023-usb-typec-altmodes-displayport-Add-hacky-generic-altmode.patch ... Passed
    0024-sound-soc-codecs-es8316-Run-micdetect-only-if-jack-status.patch ... Passed
    0025-ASoC-soc-jack.c-supported-inverted-jack-detect-GPIOs.patch ... Passed
    0026-arm64-dts-rockchip-add-typec-extcon-hack.patch ... Passed
    0027-arm64-dts-rockchip-setup-USB-type-c-port-as-dual-data-role.patch ... Passed
    0028-revert-arm64-dts-allwinner-a64-Add-I2S2-node.patch ... Passed
    0001-Bluetooth-Add-new-quirk-for-broken-local-ext-features.patch ... Passed
    0003-arm64-allwinner-a64-enable-Bluetooth-On-Pinebook.patch ... Passed
    0004-arm64-dts-allwinner-enable-bluetooth-pinetab-pinepho.patch ... Passed
    0005-dt-bindings-arm-sunxi-add-PineTab-Early-Adopter-edition.patch ... Passed
    0001-revert-fbcon-remove-now-unusued-softback_lines-cursor-argument.patch ... Passed
    0002-revert-fbcon-remove-no-op-fbcon_set_origin.patch ... Passed
    0003-revert-fbcon-remove-soft-scrollback-code.patch ... Passed
    0001-bootsplash.patch ... Passed
    0002-bootsplash.patch ... Passed
    0003-bootsplash.patch ... Passed
    0004-bootsplash.patch ... Passed
    0005-bootsplash.patch ... Passed
    0006-bootsplash.patch ... Passed
    0007-bootsplash.patch ... Passed
    0008-bootsplash.patch ... Passed
    0009-bootsplash.patch ... Passed
    0010-bootsplash.patch ... Passed
    0011-bootsplash.patch ... Passed
    0012-bootsplash.patch ... Passed
    config ... Passed
    linux.preset ... Passed
    60-linux.hook ... Passed
    90-linux.hook ... Passed
==> Extracting sources...
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/linux-5.11-rc7.tar.gz': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0001-net-smsc95xx-Allow-mac-address-to-be-set-as-a-parame.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0002-arm64-dts-rockchip-add-usb3-controller-node-for-RK33.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0003-arm64-dts-rockchip-enable-usb3-nodes-on-rk3328-rock6.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0004-arm64-dts-rockchip-add-HDMI-sound-node-for-rk3328-ro.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0005-arm64-dts-allwinner-add-hdmi-sound-to-pine-devices.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0006-arm64-dts-allwinner-add-ohci-ehci-to-h5-nanopi.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0007-drm-bridge-analogix_dp-Add-enable_psr-param.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0008-gpu-drm-add-new-display-resolution-2560x1440.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0009-nuumio-panfrost-Silence-Panfrost-gem-shrinker-loggin.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0010-arm64-dts-rockchip-Add-Firefly-Station-p1-support.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0011-typec-displayport-some-devices-have-pin-assignments-reversed.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0012-usb-typec-tcpm-Add-generic-extcon-for-tcpm-enabled-devices.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0013-usb-typec-tcpm-Add-generic-extcon-to-tcpm.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0014-arm64-rockchip-add-DP-ALT-rockpro64.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0015-ayufan-drm-rockchip-add-support-for-modeline-32MHz-e.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0016-rk3399-rp64-pcie-Reimplement-rockchip-PCIe-bus-scan-delay.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0017-tty-serdev-support-shutdown-op.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0018-bluetooth-hci_serdev-Clear-registered-bit-on-unregister.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0019-bluetooth-hci_bcm-disable-power-on-shutdown.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0020-mmc-core-pwrseq_simple-disable-mmc-power-on-shutdown.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0021-usb-typec-bus-Catch-crash-due-to-partner-NULL-value.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0022-phy-rockchip-typec-Set-extcon-capabilities.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0023-usb-typec-altmodes-displayport-Add-hacky-generic-altmode.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0024-sound-soc-codecs-es8316-Run-micdetect-only-if-jack-status.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0025-ASoC-soc-jack.c-supported-inverted-jack-detect-GPIOs.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0026-arm64-dts-rockchip-add-typec-extcon-hack.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0027-arm64-dts-rockchip-setup-USB-type-c-port-as-dual-data-role.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0028-revert-arm64-dts-allwinner-a64-Add-I2S2-node.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0001-Bluetooth-Add-new-quirk-for-broken-local-ext-features.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0003-arm64-allwinner-a64-enable-Bluetooth-On-Pinebook.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0004-arm64-dts-allwinner-enable-bluetooth-pinetab-pinepho.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0005-dt-bindings-arm-sunxi-add-PineTab-Early-Adopter-edition.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0001-revert-fbcon-remove-now-unusued-softback_lines-cursor-argument.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0002-revert-fbcon-remove-no-op-fbcon_set_origin.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0003-revert-fbcon-remove-soft-scrollback-code.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0001-bootsplash.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0002-bootsplash.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0003-bootsplash.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0004-bootsplash.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0005-bootsplash.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0006-bootsplash.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0007-bootsplash.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0008-bootsplash.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0009-bootsplash.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0010-bootsplash.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0011-bootsplash.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/0012-bootsplash.patch': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/config': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/linux.preset': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/60-linux.hook': Function not implemented
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/90-linux.hook': Function not implemented
==> Starting prepare()...
/run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/PKGBUILD: line 126: cd: /run/media/aurion/AuxDrive/projects/linux-rc/src/linux-5.11-rc7: No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare().
    Aborting...

Hoping someone can help tell me what I’m doing wrong here

If you actually edited that file:
you shouldn’t do that
See what @Keruskerfuerst said.
I think the method (menuconfig, xconfig, oldconfig …) is even in the PKGBUILD - and can be adapted there.
(this is from memory - last time I did that was a couple of years ago)

Those config methods don’t work in my experience with the manjaro source.

I’m using the instructions https://leduccc.medium.com/compiling-a-custom-linux-kernel-on-manjaro-f09aa103713f

Even if I don’t edit the config file the issue is the same - failure to create sym links.

ah, ok
I never tried it with that.
Just with PKGBUILD’s for/from Arch and AUR
… and it was years ago …

What filesystem is on the external drive your source is on?
The error is in creating symlinks to that.
I’d move the source to somewhere on the internal drive
It seems to be a non-standard location …

That seems to have done the trick! I was git cloning to a USB drive that I’m using as mass storage. Moving that to the eMMC worked. Thank you!

It was just a hunch.
Glad that it helped!

FAT16/32 filesystems do not support symbolic links.

2 Likes

We don’t know the filesystem on that device
but it seems likely that it is FAT - where symbolic links just don’t work
as that is not a supported feature of the filesystem
or perhaps NTFS
not sure whether that would/should support symbolic links

Hi. Can you please share your system image when you are done? I am experiencing the same problem currently. Can’t even run kodi on my Vim3 pro - I got 10 fps in menu and 5 fps when playing 4k movie :frowning: .

I don’t think we will be getting a good performance with 4k on the VIM3 at this stage. For me, latest mesa from gitlab and I just used pacman -S linux-rc to make it work. One thing that is changed is that CPU governor is set to schedutil by default on the rc kernel, so I had to change that to performance (just used cpupower). It’s still not perfect and it glitches every now and then, but much better than after the initial update.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.