WM Theme: Adwaita
Theme: adw-gtk3-dark [GTK2/3]
Icons: Tela [GTK2/3]
Terminal: gnome-terminal
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX s (128) @ 2.700GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Lite Hash Rate
Memory: 6427MiB / 515595MiB

After updating to the latest kernel (6.0.8-1-MANJARO) and the latest edition of Gnome DE (43.1) I can no longer adjust the width of the sidebar in Nautilus file manager. When I look for the key in Dconf editor it states that there is no schema available for the item that I’m looking for. Was the functionality to adjust the width of the sidebar in Nautilus removed with the latest update or is there some other issue? Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day.

Hello,

Upstream intentional change Sidebar is no longer resizable (#2372) · Issues · GNOME / Files · GitLab
I guess it came as a result of this discussion Sidebar too wide, doesn't reflect sidebar items width (#2456) · Issues · GNOME / Files · GitLab

Hello, @bogdancovaciu. Thank you for the reply and the explanation. I appreciate them both. I’ve read both of the links provided in your reply and in one of the posts from António Fernandes he writes in his response to the person that originally created the issue, “If you used to resize the sidebar ti workaround an issue, please report the issue.” I think I’m still experiencing an issue and I would like to report it. Where can I do that? Also, the issue is that the automatically resizable sidebar doesn’t seem to work on all bookmarked items or the removable drives section of the file manager. I’ve included a picture for clarification. Thank you again for your time and thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

You can report it on the same gitlab instance, and explain how you saw their previous discussion, but you think they should reconsider to take into consideration longer names, and showcase your screenshot.

Thank you for the advice. I will do that now. Have a great day!

Just wanted to provide a link to the issue that was created around this for anybody else that may come across this thread in the future.
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/-/issues/2641

Turns out you created a duplicate issue. Here’s the existing one:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.