Nautilus Files Gnome 43 Menu Bar

Hi, after the upgrade from Gnome 42 to 43, the ‘Select All’ menu seems to be missing. Right Click does bring up the option in a pop-up menu but it seems a strange omission. Am I missing something in the set-up? Thanks.

Hi,

That was one of the intentional changes and redesign in Files/Nautilus that got introduced in 43, so the Context Menu will be more in line with files and folders interactions while the Main Menu will be related to Files/Nautilus itself.

1 Like

For people using list view in Nautilus its really hard to get the context menu at all because there is only about 2 pixel gap between file rows in which to right-click.

1 Like

Thanks for reply. Got in touch with someone at Gnome with the same question and all credit to him, he wanted to know a bit more about why I thought it should remain as a menu item. My reasoning is, as a MacBookPro user, it is quite awkward to use the TouchPad for multi-key commands more appropriate to a Linux keyboard layout. He hadn’t thought about that set of circumstances and appreciated the feedback.

1 Like

Hopefully now that will be reconsidered based on your feedback.
@Riquez - maybe you can add your comment to the same issue opened on Gnome gitlab? Might help with their decision to add back that menu option…

1 Like