Native Audio Amplification Missing

Hey guys! In Manjaro 22.1.3 Gnome 45, I noticed that the Audio Overamp feature (present in the Settings app or in Settings → Sound in other distributions) is no longer present. How do I restore it or is there any practical application that offers this?

Hi @natan,

According to https://www.reddit.com/r/gnome/comments/exfhc4/comment/fgbf9j2/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button :

In Gnome, enable overamplification like this:
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.sound allow-volume-above-100-percent 'true'

Hope this helps!

2 Likes
1 Like

So it is! I want Overamplification, but to be activated only when I click on a button like Allow Overamplification, and the person complains in the thread precisely because even if I enable this button, Overamplification does not work. So from what I understand, it’s a flaw in Gnome that hasn’t been fixed yet. I used Ubuntu until a few days ago but I didn’t use this feature, so I don’t know if it works on it.

Nope. It’s a deprecated function that used to live in Tweaks that was dropped from Settings a long time ago. However, Ubuntu disagreed and maintains a patch.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.