My Live USB Manjaro runs perfectly with my display setup, but the install does not

New to Arch/Man, coming from Deb. Please show me to the important files and settings to investigate. Thank you.

you must be more precise !
explain what the issue is !
no one is wasting his time for questions like “it does not work”

I figured the quickest way to troubleshoot is to examine the differences between the display settings in both instances. Can you direct me to those?

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information.
  1. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
sudo inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.

Have you already :mag: for your problem in the forum ? (Wisdom lies in asking → listening → reading :wink: )

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Please use actual words and proper pronouns, not invented abbreviations.

We have no idea what you “display setup” is.

Please see the following and edit your first post accordingly:

There is no default - it is determined at boot time by mhwd

Xorg configs are placed same location /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d

If you are using Nvidia - mhwd - if booted with proprietary drivers - may have created a config in /etc/X11/mhwd.d - which is symlinked into /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d

As for the display arrangement - multiple displays - any configuration will exist in /home/manjaro/.config

Plasma Wayland doesn’t require any configuration - and stores configuration in /home/manjaro/.config

I don’t know for Gnome - I lost patience in that regard years ago :slight_smile:

Thank you, very useful info

Other info which may be useful

The ISO enables kms - and ISO releases from 2024 enables kms for the final installation.

However - early kms must be enabled manually as described in

Also, very, very useful info, thank you