My computer will automatically close the screen after 15min and I no not know where to configure it

My computer will automatically close the screen after 15min and I no not know where to configure it.

In my Settings >> battery control, there is no 15min.

Sorry for the Chinese system:

I want to make it longer (from 15min to about an hour)

The words on the picture are:

Screen light
Keyboard Backlight
Screen dimming
Screen Energy Saving
Suspend Session
Button events handling
Run Script
Wireless

Unless you post in the Chinese sub forum, you shouldn’t post your UI screenshot in Chinese, start application from terminal, probably like this should work for System Settings LANG=C systemsettings5, this way people can read the image.

Look here maybe?

2 Likes

You should have something like Screen Energy Saving:

1 Like

If you want to keep the automatic screen shut, just check the box of “屏幕节能” and set it to 60 min. Before that, remember Energy Saving settings actually have 3 tabs, make sure that you edit the right tab according to your power source (AC or battery).

图片

Screen Energy Saving is 10min and it has been closed

Your solution had worked once, but after that it begin close every 15min and I had to re-login and enter my password.

If settings, or the plasma desktop in general, is acting funny … this could be corrupted config files.

You can ‘refresh’ using the steps below - but be warned, you will lose most of your desktop changes.
(you will have to apply widgets the way you like it again, etc)

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/KDE#Configuration_related

(PS - we used to provide similar information on our wiki … but it seems missing in current wiki…)

Solved. The screenlock config is at Work area behavior >> screenlock, not at Power Management. I think this is a not-so-good design of KDE config.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.