Multiple Bluetooth Devices Connected

might sound a little bit weird but you are using a usb-hub. can you plug this one to a different usb-port of the laptop and check ?
there are some electrical issues of this logitech-unified-controller that can interfere bluetooth-communications.

you can also install

pamac install bluez-hid2hci

reboot and check

1 Like

Sure. I will leave just he mouse and headphone connected.

please check if installing the

package does effect

(reboot)

1 Like

Preparing...
Warning: bluez-hid2hci-5.70-1 is up to date -- skipping
Nothing to do.
Transaction successfully finished.

PS: I removed the other peripherals and the issue persists. At this point I am kinda sorry to make you waste so much time with me. Maybe my mouse is to fault?

it was really installed ?

pamac info bluez-hid2hci | grep Ins

nevertheless, this seems to be more an electrical problem than a software-related one. seems that the mouse is using the same channel for communication with the headphone. hard to say which device is the more malad one. any chance to test with a different mouse ?

1 Like

pamac info bluez-hid2hci | grep Ins

Installed Size        : 38,4 kB
Install Date          : seg 09 out 2023 09:18:08
Install Reason        : Installed as a dependency for another package

any chance to test with a different mouse ?

I will look out if someone can borrow me one to test. But hardly today.
May I leave this topic open until I can make this test?

Also, Olli, Thank you very much for all your interest helping me. I really appreciate. And at least now I am using pipewire which I suppose is better, right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, i appreciate.
yes it’s better to test if the problem is hardware-specific before messing up with installing software that causes more problems than it solves. yes, it’s a good choice to leave this thread open until you test with a different mouse. sometimes these clear choices solve a problem better than wasting time. nevertheless it’s interesting and i appreciate your way to investigate problems.

have a nice weekend and let us know what the test with a different mouse ends up.

it’s better to test if the problem is hardware-specific before messing up with installing software that causes more problems than it solves
I agree. PipeWire cannot resolve kernel/hardware issues in ALSA, so even less likely to be able to deal with a possible electro-magnetic interference issue

@winterwulf
Try using a USB extension cable to move the mouse Bluetooth transmitter as close to the mouse as possible. If the noise reduces that would confirm noise is caused by interference from Bluetooth radio transciever

A powered hub for the Mouse transciever might help to eliminate noise induced in the laptop power circuits to audio devices

If neither of those help to eliminate noise, pragmatic solutions are either use a wired mouse or replace the noisy Bluetooth device

1 Like