Multilib.db.sig 404

Hi!
I encountered the following error when updating
pacman -Syyu
multilib.db.sig 404
I tried another server, but there was the same result.
How do I fix it?

Post actual output – and use preformatted text.

   ~  sudo pacman -Syyu                                                                                                                   ✔ 
[sudo] pch jelszava: 
hiba: multilib: szükséges aláírás hiányzik
:: A csomagadatbázisok szinkronizálása...
 core                                                        150,3 KiB   779 KiB/s 00:00 [###################################################] 100%
 extra                                                         8,7 MiB  19,7 MiB/s 00:00 [###################################################] 100%
 community                                                    29,0   B   235   B/s 00:00 [###################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                    143,8 KiB   978 KiB/s 00:00 [###################################################] 100%
hiba: nem sikerült a(z) 'multilib.db.sig' fájlt letölteni a mirror1.sox.rs helyről : The requested URL returned error: 404
hiba: failed to synchronize all databases (nem várt hiba)
    ~                                                      

sudo pacman-mirrors -f might fix that, Not all mirrors are showing as synced:

Manjaro Mirrors Checker

Also, it’s better to add LANG=C before the command, as then the output will be in English for that instance. :wink:

Case matters — LANG=C.

Cheers, edited. Need an LED on that caps-lock key!

same :frowning:

   ~  LANG=C sudo pacman -Syyu                                                                                                          1 ✘ 
error: multilib: missing required signature
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                        150.3 KiB  1029 KiB/s 00:00 [###################################################] 100%
 extra                                                         8.7 MiB  21.5 MiB/s 00:00 [###################################################] 100%
 community                                                    29.0   B   439   B/s 00:00 [###################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                    143.8 KiB  1106 KiB/s 00:00 [###################################################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'multilib.db.sig' from quantum-mirror.hu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to synchronize all databases (unexpected error)

It’s up to date: https://mirrors.manjaro.org/

You’re not.

See Pacman-mirrors - Manjaro

how do I specify which mirror is used?
The quantum-mirror.hu green background. So up to date…

You don’t need to use double ‘y’ – -Syu is enough.

You’ll need to take some time and read how to properly maintain your system – community repository is long gone and you still have it in pacman.conf. There’s probably bunch of other stuff in there that’s not needed plus other .pacnew files you neglected.

Try reading the wiki post I just linked instead of ignoring it and expecting to be spoon fed. Use your noodle. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also:

man pacman-mirrors
pacman-mirrors --help

After investigating the above, feel free to ask any questions you have regarding what you just read. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.