Multi GPU and Multi monitor setup not working

But I do use KDE instead of xfce…

For years I struggled with the nvidia driver and the different configuration files.
Updates kept destroying my working multiseat system.
Each time it was a struggle with the configuration files. Sometimes my fault, sometimes some XORG changes

XORG (at least with the nouveau driver) has been able to auto-configure for some time. And that works amazingly well. In order for this to become active, NONE of the usual configuration files must be present. I believe that is also explained in the arch-wiki.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/xorg

Note: Arch supplies default configuration files in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/, and no extra configuration is necessary for most setups.

Do try. save your configuration files and try without. :footprints:

Autokonfigure means:

• Detect all GPUs
  • Detect all connected Monitors
  • Detect all keyboards
  • Detect all mice
  • Detect an appropriate modus for your monitor

https://man.archlinux.org/man/Xorg.1

search for “auto” !

And wonder why everyone does it manually :wink:

Xorg supports several mechanisms for supplying/obtaining configuration and run-time parameters: command line options, environment variables, the xorg.conf(5) configuration files, auto-detection, and fallback defaults. 

From this manual:

Xorg has a mechanism for automatically generating a built-in configuration at run-time when no xorg.conf file or xorg.conf.d files are present. The current version of this automatic configuration mechanism works in two ways.

The first is via enhancements that have made many components of the xorg.conf file optional. This means that information that can be probed or reasonably deduced doesn’t need to be specified explicitly, greatly reducing the amount of built-in configuration information that needs to be generated at run-time.

The second is to have “safe” fallbacks for most configuration information. This maximises the likelihood that the Xorg server will start up in some usable configuration even when information about the specific hardware is not available.

The automatic configuration support for Xorg is work in progress. It is currently aimed at the most popular hardware and software platforms supported by Xorg. Enhancements are planned for future releases.

The rest is done in GUI after login:

• select what monitor will be at what position (screen)
  • select resolutions for every monitor
  • store the setting to be used everyday
    :footprints:

Tip: 1st setup with ONE monitor, when this works, connect 2nd … and reboot.

Right Im sorry but this hasnt given my literally anything…Autokonfigure is nowhere to be found. Xorg auto-configuration is work in progress. And setting the monitors one-by-one, gave 0 results. Whenever I tried to configure them one-by-one I get this weird glitch Screenshot, 2023-01-01 23:18:24 - Paste.Pics

So yeah…literally 0 change since day 1 xD

Yh I guess I can just go F myself…

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.