Mullvad VPN prevents internet connection while on

Hello

I’m having trouble connecting to internet after updating to latest Mullvad VPN 2022.3.
Once or twice it has worked for a moment, but then the connection drops and Mullvad client displays a message saying something like “Firewall rules couldn’t be updated, consider updating kernel”. I’m using the 5.15.60.1 LTS kernel, I also tried the latest kernel, but it didn’t solve this problem. Any suggestions what I could do to fix the issue?

Where did you install mullvad from/how are you using it ?

I was running kernel 5.9 but booted into 5.15.60 to test. I’m using the same mullvad version but have the gui installed from aur

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mullvad-vpn-beta-bin

So far no issues at all with connection drops on either kernel

I installed it using the graphical package/update manager. Now I just updated and removed orphan packages from my computer and Mullvad started working without issues, at least so far so good. So, I consider the problem solved.

…except no, it only worked for a few hours :sob: :cry:
Now it’s disconnected again if I try keep Mullvad on. I can’t get anything connected to internet.

There are several mullvad clients/guis in the aur all maintained by @Yochanan (manjaro team member). I’m using the beta bin file I linked, have you changed anything at all in the settings?

I somehow (probably via trial and error) figured out that the problem was tunneling with wireguard -protocol . I switched to OpenVPN and it worked, I got connection to internet. Later I switched back to WG and it’s been working fine since.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.