Mount volume - Operation is already pending

Hi everybody!
First of all I’m sorry if this is out of topic but this is my very first day as a member on this forum.
Long story short - on my both laptops (Dell Inspiron A10-7300 and Asus TUF i7) I discovered that when I change the user (log out user - switch user) any external USB drive fails to mount with error message “unable to mount volume - an operation is already pending” OR for multiple partition drives only one or two partitions are randomly mounted. When trying to safely remove drive it fails.
Same with kernel 6.1 and 5.15
Thanks for your help!

should not happen with external USB drives. Maybe the first user owns
that device or has
a mount line entry for that device? ( check first user’s etc/fstab ) maybe.

Well, fstab looks like this:

UUID=EADA-36A5 /boot/efi vfat defaults,noatime 0 2
UUID=3ba5ce36-605e-4f8b-b48e-f9b5b0c1570c / ext4 defaults,noatime,discard 0 1
tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0
/swapfile none swap sw 0 0

The exact steps I’ve done: autologin as first user, plug in the external usb drive (hdd, stick, hdd in an external rack) and everything works as expected. Then safely remove drive, disconnect the usb drive, log out and then login as second user, plug in the usb drive again and from 3 partitions (ntfs and ext4) the system behaves like I explained in the first post.

It seems like some other linux distros behave the same way. I’ve tried all I found on other forums but nothing works (e.g. delay mounting usb by 5 seconds, install udiskie).
Also I’ve changed the user’s account type (both admin, one admin and one standard) but no luck :neutral_face: