Momentary screen tear on restart- ethernet hiccups

Newly installed and updated Manjaro Xfce- running right out of the box! Manjaro is has been a pleasure after trying to keep up with Debian. Obviously Manjaro knows how to run a project. Thank you for sharing your OS with us.

I’m having a little glitch during soft boots is all. My screen momentarily tears into garbled rectangles. Then it comes out of it and the login screen appears. This happens only when I use RESTART. The reason I did the restart was another 2nd perplexing issue with my ethernet refusing to connect until I boot again hard or soft.

This is detail:
There was a power failure so the computer shut down abnormally. Afterward I turned it on. My internet cable modem might not have been fully up - it takes longer than one might expect sometimes. But my router was up. After I logged in to Manjaro there was no ethernet connection. At that point I checked the modem. The 3 lights were lit so it was up. I checked physical connections and rebooted my router. Nothing worked so I restarted (soft booted). As it came to the login in screen, suddenly the screen had the garbled stuff (there was readable text before this). Then the login screen came on and all back to normal with the display–and the ethernet internet connection worked too.

It’s not a big deal to me unless it’s a virus or sign of my computer dying.

Here’s my video info.

Device-1: AMD Sumo [Radeon HD 6520G] driver: radeon v: kernel 
  Device-2: Chicony HP Integrated Webcam type: USB driver: uvcvideo 
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: ati,radeon 
  unloaded: modesetting resolution: 1600x900~60Hz 
  OpenGL: renderer: AMD SUMO (DRM 2.50.0 / 5.10.36-2-MANJARO LLVM 11.1.0) 
  v: 3.3 Mesa 21.0.3 

My wifi card- that is a realtek 8188-I don’t know how/if it controls the ethernet- it is an older hp amd g7. The display is 17.3, 40 pin.