Mobile GTX 1070: HDMI monitor not detected with 580xx drivers

While I have no concrete suggestion to workaround the issue, I have consolidated the following information in case it may be useful for others wishing to help:


Under Notable Package Updates in the Stable Update 2026-07-11 announcement topic, it was stated that:

When packages are from the main repositories they are sometimes dropped to the AUR. However, all I can find is nvidia-575xx-dkms, in this instance:

It’s important to note that this is by no means a recommendation to use these drivers – only informing that they are available.

I have not found 570xx drivers available via the AUR, at this time. Perhaps @philm or @Yochanan might shed some light on this.


Additionally, under Known issues and solutions (on 2026-05-02) in Issues with updating Kernels due to Nvidia drivers:

Also noted was:

So, regardless, users of Nvidia 570xx, 575xx or 580xx series drivers, appear to be limited to kernel 6.18 (LTS) as it is the last kernel series to support those drivers.