Mkinitcpio: WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qat_4xxx

It seems like this warning has been around since August 2020.

(4/9) Updating linux initcpios...                                                                                                                                                   
==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux515.preset: 'default'                                                                                                        
  -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-5.15-x86_64 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-5.15-x86_64.img                                                                                        
==> Starting build: 5.15.16-1-MANJARO                                                                                                                                               
  -> Running build hook: [base]                                                                                                                                                     
  -> Running build hook: [udev]                                                                                                                                                     
  -> Running build hook: [autodetect]                                                                                                                                               
  -> Running build hook: [modconf]                                                                                                                                                  
  -> Running build hook: [block]                                                                                                                                                    
  -> Running build hook: [keyboard]                                                                                                                                                 
  -> Running build hook: [keymap]                                                                                                                                                   
  -> Running build hook: [encrypt]                                                                                                                                                  
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qat_4xxx

How can I silence this warning?

Arch Wiki:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/mkinitcpio#Possibly_missing_firmware_for_module_XXXX

These appear to any Arch Linux users, especially those who have not installed these firmware modules. If you do not use hardware which uses these firmwares you can safely ignore this message. Currently, the only solution for suppressing warnings for wd719x and aic94xx modules is actually installing firmware packages for them.

If it’s small, I’ll install it. I like having a dark cockpit.

The closest I could find is:

What is the package for this?

There is no firmware package available even in the AUR and seems to be only supported for fedora and rhel based distros so it’s your choice if you want to continue further or not:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1958713#p1958713

That firmware file has not been released yet even though the driver for that devices has been added to the kernel. That just means that the driver will fail and the device will simply not work (same as kernel 5.10 where no driver was available)

module: qat_4xxx , I didn`t find a firmware for it.

I raised this warning in the Arch Wiki mkinitcpio discussion

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.