Missing /usr/lib/cups/filter/epson-escpr-wrapper2

I have spent hours battling to install a driver for my Epson XP8600. Now I can see the printer on the network and ‘Printer Properties’ dialog opens, but I get an missing driver error message: “'The printer requires ‘/user/lib/cups/filter/epson-escpr-wrapper2’ program but it is not currently installed”. The printer properties dialog reports the same issue. This would be good information, if I had any clue where to get this program from or how to install it.
Any advice or pointers would be welcome.

Maybe this:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2

Hi @Jayand,

I have little experience with printing, and less on Linux. But I took a wild shot and search the AUR for it. And low-and-behold, it seems there might be something there:

$ pamac search escpr
[...]
epson-inkjet-printer-escpr                                                                                                                                                                                                                    1.7.19-1  AUR
Epson Inkjet Printer Driver (ESC/P-R) for Linux

So try installing it with:

pamac build epson-inkjet-printer-escpr

And see if it works.

Hope it helps!

Thanks Darksky,
I already have that package, which is why I have progressed to the stage I am at.
I don’t know if it means anything, but in that package I can see 2 things (files?):

• epson-inkjet-printer-excpr2.spec

• epson-inkjet-printer-excpr2.spec.in

Regards
Jay

Thanks Mirdarthos,
I followed your suggestions and all I got was a whole stream of mirror contacts that failed to resolve the name.
I really can’t afford to waste much more time trying to resolve the endless issues with this toy computer.
I think I will give it to the local kids to pull apart.
Regards
Jay