Missing Page Options in Printer Properties Dialog

I’m having trouble figuring out which package or settings are responsible for the selection of page sizes in the Printer Properties dialog.

On one Manjaro install (mine), I have a lot of page size options:

However my wife’s Manjaro install (KDE) has very few options - only A4 available and a few others.

It’s probably some missing package, but which one?

We are using qpdfview, but the PDF viewer doesn’t matter - printing properties in okular and qpdfview are identical on this manjaro install - A5 and others aren’t there.

SystemSettings->Printers Do you have a printer installed? If not install one. If yes, choose your printer then click the configure button. You should get a new window that says EPSON/HP whatever series printer: Configure Printer. 2nd item down in left pane is printer options, media size is the top option; choose media sizes, apply,

Go back to your doc viewer and try again.

1 Like

I see. In the case of Okular and qpdfview it doesn’t matter, because they use the same print dialog. Please have a look, they are identical, with the same settings:

SystemSettings->Printers Do you have a printer installed? If not install one. If yes, choose your printer then click the configure button. You should get a new window that says EPSON/HP whatever series printer: Configure Printer. 2nd item down in left pane is printer options, media size is the top option; choose media sizes, apply,

This turned out to be the issue! print-manager wasn’t installed. We had system-config-printer (CUPS) which had limited options (simplified driver?).

Installing print-manager which causes System Settings -> Printer to appear, and then installing the printer through that interface allowed us to choose a different driver, which had all the paper formats.

Thanks a bunch @sweasyf - you helped us home in on the issue! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.