Missing Display Configuration in KDE

No … its an announcement. In the form of a forum thread.

The same place I already directed:

Hi,

Same problem here. After architect install no display option and power management in system settings.
Could you give me a step by step process on how to achieve that? Have no experience with making and executing scripts.

Thank you

First step is to verify you have the same issue … OP @ZwoVierZwo never responded.

For example …

pacman -Qqs '\-git'

Quick responds!

I have entered your command in terminal but no output was given just: >>>

Really?
Hm … Lets try one more way just in case …

pamac list -i | grep git

(I notice you are probably using zsh while I use bash … so the command could have been skewed)

Yes zsh indeed.

~ >>> pamac list -i | grep git                                                                            
The application pamac is not installed. It may be found in the following packages:
  extra/pamac-cli 10.0.1-1.0            /usr/bin/pamac
  extra/pamac-cli-dev 10.0.1-1.0        /usr/bin/pamac
Do you want to Install package pamac-cli? (y/N)  

Now what? :slight_smile:

haha… pamac is missing? thats also odd.

but you dont have to install it if you dont want … I prefer pacman too

pacman -Qq | grep git
~ >>> pacman -Qq | grep git                                                                            [1]
git
libgit2
~ >>>

OK so its not that.
Good - I thought the architect profiles were fixed.
Now back to the missing kcm module …
It should be provided by kscreen. Please check if you have that installed.
Add it if you do not.

According to octopi I have kscreenlocker and libkscreen installed. kscreen, kscreen-git, kscreenlocker-grit and libkscreen-git are unchecked.

Will install kscreen now.

Okay,

Display configuration is back, but no gamma option still. And I cannot find power options/energiesaving menu.

Install kgamma5?

Seems to be the one …
I am guessing you used either a custom or ‘minimal’ plasma install - not the ‘full’, correct ?

I remember that when I used architect (yesterday) that there was but one option for kde under choose desktop environment. That seemed odd but I thought nothing of it. Makes sense now in hindsight.

I’ve added gamma option too (kgamma5). Now where are the power options/energysettings??
Or is there a way to completely reinstall all of the systemsettings with a single command? That way I know for sure it is complete and up to date.

You’ve been a great help thus far. :slight_smile:

For a full shot I guess you could just install the plasma group and that should probably nab everything.
(the thing you are missing is probably powerdevil?)

No wonder I couldn’t find it. Flashy name haha.

Had to reboot and all is good now.

So basically the problem was a ‘‘error’’ in achitect on the iso right?

probably transmalformation* - from ‘daemon’ to the [somewhat incorrect] ‘demon’ … then referenced with ‘devil’.

*sic - I cant remember the term for this right now

Not sure … normally there should be multiple options for full or minimal installs.
If you only saw one, or got minimal when you did not select it … then maybe there is an issue.

It provided me first with the option kde-minimal (which I choose because there was no other kde option) and after that on the next screen it prompted me to choose between a full or minimal. I choose full at that screen.

Above screenshot is taken with the manjaro-kde-20.2-201207-linux59.iso loaded in virtualbox. There is no kde option only kde-minimal. So how can someone overcome this problem?

Thank you.

Anyone?

Ok all seems to be corrected now. Was able to do a new proper install of full kde and at first glance al the packages are installed. You may close this.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.