Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

Building mpv-git...
==> Making package: mpv-git 0.36.0_656_g06c26e37ed-1 
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Missing dependencies:
  -> libplacebo-git
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> ERROR: Could not resolve all dependencies.

How did you try to build it?
libplacebo-git does exist in the AUR.

Oh I guess so I have to remove it from extra and install it from AUR, right? Hope it doesn’t brake system

Thats not the point.
Your dependencies should be resolved if using an AUR helper or the proper manual commands.

I repeat - what exactly did you do to receive that output?

(somewhat related - libplacebo-git does conflict with libplacebo and will prompt for that replacement … once you get that far)

I just went into the pamac search for mpv-git and then click build

So that indicates some sort of problem with pamac.

Which … is honestly not very surprising.

Whether its a bug in pamac or a misconfiguration I dont know - you might check your settings, refresh the databases, and so on.

Also make sure you are up to date and have the prerequisites for using the AUR and all.
See the link below.

Personally I use paru for an AUR helper. And of course theres always the manual makepkg.

2 Likes

can pacman update an AUR package? I thought it can’t, I found a ‘Note’ on the link you share
sudo pacman -U google-chrome-ver.rel.bugfix.build-pkgrel.pkg.zst and Chrome is an AUR package

link

Asking just for curiosity

No… for automating that you use an AUR helper.
Otherwise you can do so manually.
Either way you end up using pacman for the locally built package.

Again, an aur helper would automate this … but to break down some of the points;

You get the PKGBUILD and things somehow:

git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/some-aur-pkg.git

You build the things:

cd some-aur-pkg
makepkg -src

And then you have a package that can be installed:

sudo pacman -U some-aur-pkg.pkg.zst

Or, simply using makepkg -sric would skip the need for calling pacman afterwards.

At the risk of sounding repetitive … thats just illustrative of the manual approach.
An AUR helper is usually employed for upgrading AUR packages en-masse.

For example, for me an update usually looks like this:

sudo pacman -Syu && paru -Sua

Oh Thanks that’s been great help , let’s say in future if dependency change do i have to update that AUR package or rebuild it? And what’s the difference between updating and building an AUR package?

You may need to rebuild an aur package against current libraries after a system update.
Building is the process of compiling the software according to the PKGBUILD, and would be required for a new install or an update of the package. Or, as above, may be initiated manually, such as in the case of system changes.

Make sure to read the wiki entry.

Manjaros is rather simplified. More can be found at the Arch wiki:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_User_Repository

1 Like

Thank you so much

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.