Mirror screen on smart TV, wirelessly,?

I’d like to be able to mirror my laptop screen on my Samsung Smart TV. (wirelessly)
Steam can do this via steamlink & this sparked my interest.

I was curious about a way to do this with Manjaro Gnome OS.

I found miracast & gnome-network-displays as possibilities](Wireless screen mirroring to samsung tv), but this info is several years old & uses AUR.
So, due to my lack of knowledge in this area; are there better tools these days? or is gnome-network-displays still the best route of enquiry?

Probably, not sure about Samsung TV’s since I don’t have one. Chromecast support is coming soon as well:

For now gnome-network-displays says “No usable wireless adapters were found” -im not sure if this is a failure to detect my wi-fi card or the TV.

Perhaps this:

that whole thread
can help you.

UxPlay is Apple and iPad specific. It broadcasts a Mac address.

I’m sorry, but I don’t grasp what that means to you - the importance of it.
I sounds to me like it is something you don’t want …
The devices need to see and identify each other … somehow.

But I do not have any experience with this or with screen casting in general.
I do not even have a TV (to perhaps try it on) - I just remembered this thread and thought I might mention it.

ps:

oh - and I mistook you @deroberts1
for the OP @Riquez
so: even more confusion
sorry!

Update: The test of the Zoom meeting on my iPad mini, broadcast to my Linux external monitor and sound system was a success.

It occurred to me later, that a better use for Uxplay and the iPad might be just audio casting. The little iPad has a lot of music abilities and with Uxplay I could send an audio stream through my laptop speakers: a woofer and two speakers, which give amazing room filling sound.

One thing I discovered is that screen casting to an external monitor is not a perfect “mirror” image of the iPad mini. Color tweaks are needed. Luckily KDE has a method to create a small color adjustment window popup with the commands:

kcmshell5 kcm_kgamma

in a bash script. I assigned it the alt-shift G combo.

I know this is probably too nichey but it is quite useful in this context.