Minecraft not working. net.minecraft.class_1041$class_4716: GLFW error 65545: GLX: Failed to find a suitable GLXFBConfig error won't allow me to launch minecraft

so i downloaded minecraft using polymc’s launcher on manjaro and everything was fine! (i could play the game), until i updated some drivers which caused my game to get this error:

[01:19:24] [Render thread/INFO]: Backend library: LWJGL version 3.2.2 build 10

Gtk-Message: 01:19:24.841: Failed to load module “xapp-gtk3-module”

Gtk-Message: 01:19:24.841: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”

sh: line 3: xprop: command not found

sh: line 3: xprop: command not found

[01:19:24] [Render thread/WARN]: Failed to create window:

net.minecraft.class_1041$class_4716: GLFW error 65545: GLX: Failed to find a suitable GLXFBConfig

at net.minecraft.class\_1041.method\_4501(class\_1041.java:218) \~\[client-intermediary.jar:?\]

at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFWErrorCallbackI.callback(GLFWErrorCallbackI.java:36) \~\[lwjgl-glfw-3.2.2.jar:?\]

at org.lwjgl.system.JNI.invokePPPP(Native Method) \~\[lwjgl-3.2.2.jar:?\]

at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.nglfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1714) \~\[lwjgl-glfw-3.2.2.jar:?\]

at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1897) \~\[lwjgl-glfw-3.2.2.jar:?\]

at net.minecraft.class\_1041.<init>(class\_1041.java:92) \~\[client-intermediary.jar:?\]

at net.minecraft.class\_3682.method\_16038(class\_3682.java:21) \~\[client-intermediary.jar:?\]

at net.minecraft.class\_310.<init>(class\_310.java:476) \~\[client-intermediary.jar:?\]

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:197) \[client-intermediary.jar:?\]

at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.game.minecraft.MinecraftGameProvider.launch(MinecraftGameProvider.java:461) \[fabric-loader-0.14.7.jar:?\]

at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.launch.knot.Knot.launch(Knot.java:74) \[fabric-loader-0.14.7.jar:?\]

at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.launch.knot.KnotClient.main(KnotClient.java:23) \[fabric-loader-0.14.7.jar:?\]

at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) \~\[?:?\]

at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) \~\[?:?\]

at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) \~\[?:?\]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) \~\[?:?\]

at org.multimc.impl.OneSixLauncher.invokeMain(OneSixLauncher.java:104) \[NewLaunch.jar:?\]

at org.multimc.impl.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:175) \[NewLaunch.jar:?\]

at org.multimc.impl.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:185) \[NewLaunch.jar:?\]

at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:127) \[NewLaunch.jar:?\]

at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:57) \[NewLaunch.jar:?\]

Process exited with code 0.

what can i do to fix this, I updated my GPU to the latest driver, reinstalled the nvidia driver, yet it's still doesn't work

what can i do?

How and which drivers did you update?

Hi, I’m experiencing the same issue on Kubuntu 22.04 using polymc 1.4.1

I updated my nvidia drivers yesterday from 510 to 515 and started experiencing this issue. From what I can tell this bug has got more to do with PolyMC, as when trying to launch with MultiMC everything works fine for me. If you find a solution let me know

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I had it installed via flatpak. After looking in the polymc support discord I found a user with the same issue, the solution was to either update flatpak nvidia drivers or install polymc via your system provided package manager (apt for me). Both fixed the issue