Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but for the past few hours I’ve been racking my brain trying to find out how to get MIDIs to work inside of games running under Wine.
I have both TiMidity++ and FluidSynth working fine, I can play MIDIs through them, but, whenever I try to play a game that uses MIDIs with Wine, the MIDIs don’t play at all.
Update: Using wintest.exe reveals that Wine actually is able to play MIDI files, it might be something else.
Not exactly sure what else that would be, although from what little I could tell from the Wine logs, and what I’ve heard, it might be a DirectSound issue
After much mental pain, I finally found the solution thanks to Reddit and the Wine wiki
Turns out, I had to install ‘directmusic’ and ‘dsound’ through winetricks, and once I did that, everything worked.
If anyone is having the same problem as me, just do this and I hope it works for you.