Microsoft Team does not open, tries to open but does not do it

Microsoft Team does not open, it tries to open but does not. it stays there in the background. i installed the one from the Aur repositories and nothing. i think it is because of video driver problems.

1 Like

if it was after an upgrade, it stopped working after i upgraded my computer. i am new to linux, i don’t know what command to use to fix it. if i wait, will it fix itself in the future?

There’s an incompatibility with its sandbox of the old electron release they use and the glibc update to 2.35. Try running it with the --no-sandbox argument in terminal → teams --no-sandbox. If this works then you can follow the below steps to fix the issue:

mkdir -p "${XDG_DATA_HOME:-$HOME/.local/share}/applications"
cp -a "/usr/share/applications/teams.desktop" "${XDG_DATA_HOME:-$HOME/.local/share}/applications/teams.desktop"
sed -i -e 's,teams %U,teams --no-sandbox %U,' "${XDG_DATA_HOME:-$HOME/.local/share}/applications/teams.desktop"

Now you should be able to launch teams as usual. In case you have Teams to start automatically at startup you must also run this:

sed -i -e 's,teams %U,teams --no-sandbox %U,' "${XDG_CONFIG_HOME:-$HOME/.config}/autostart/teams.desktop"

Note that this method comes with some security risks so maybe you can use the web or flatpak version till the issue is resolved upstream.

5 Likes

it works with this command: teams --no-sandbox, it opens without problems and works perfectly. thank you very much my friend.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.