Microphone volume is too low

Hi Community!

I am using this headset:
Corsair Gaming Void Elite RGB Carbon 7.1 Surround Sound Premium Gaming Headset.

When I am recording a video my voice is too low, as I can hear at the video replay.
At Sound Input Settings I moved to the maximum 150% the loudness but that gave not better result.
My system is Manjaro/Cinnamon. What else more data should I give here?

Server-2: PipeWire v: 0.3.70 status: off
  Server-3: PulseAudio v: 16.1 status: active

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Noone knows the solution?

run alsamixer and check your settings

Thanks for the reply. Right now I am using my backup system because of an X issue.
When that will solved I will try your proposal.
Anyway, how should run alsamixer? And what settings should check.
Thanks in advance.

open a terminal and run

alsamixer

you’ll see everything else. otherwise check the internet for “alsamixer” a tool to setup/configure your audio.

Thanks, I’ll do that.

search for Mic Boost in Alsamixer

Thank you.

We don’t know your system setup. In Plasma, for example, you can see a slider with a microphone volume and adjust it accordingly…
You can also always switch to Pipewire as it is more modern and less problematic audio system in general (do a backup before the switch, for me, it went flawlessly, but it is always a risk).

I would attach a screen about how looks the audio setting in Cinnamon. It is a pity, now my main system is down because a X issue. But I promise I am going to do that when that iss solved.

Replacing PulseAudio with PipeWire will not help with microphone level in ALSA

ALSA mixer control Mic Boost is common for onboard audio devices but not for USB devices

As far as I can tell from information on linux.hardware.org there are a number of different Corsair Void headset/USB wireless adaptors detected on Linux. Many hardware scans do not share ALSA audio information, but some have amixer data showing ALSA audio capture controls for Headset
none that I can see have a mixer control for Mic Boost

Using alsamixer without --card and --view options would show playback controls for default audio server (PulseAudio or PipeWire)
to view capture controls in alsamixer press F4
To locate USB device controls press F6

Or use this command to get mixer data in text format

sudo alsa-info.sh --with-amixer --stdout