Cannot reset Gitlab password, email does not reach the team

Hi everyone!

I daily use Pamac (AUR package pamac-aur) on my Arch setup with Plasma.

I wanted to open an issue on GitLab, but was unable to log in.
I thus requested a password reset but I do not receive the email with the reset link.

I need to get in touch with someone so that I can properly set up my password again.

If this forum is not the correct place, I would like if someone can point me in the proper direction.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:
/ Giovanni

As the red banner says,

Due to an influx of spam, we have had to approve account registrations. Please write an email to support@manjaro.org, with your username, if you want to get access faster. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Yochanan,
Thanks for the input.
I tried already about a week ago but got no answer.
Will try again; if it does not work, I will try my secondary email address. :slight_smile:

Hi again, I sent a second email with receipt of reception but got nothing back.
I am concerned that the emails are not coming through.
I will try my backup email address and see if it works.

Hi again, I tried with the secondary address (GMail one), enabling this time the delivery status and confirmation of receipt. However, no confirmation of sorts ever arrived, making me think that the mail server never received my message.
Any clue for contacting the support team in other ways?

I’m not sure why you haven’t received a reply. Maybe @philm can take a look.

Hi, any update?
Is there anything I can do to smooth the situation?

Send another email with header [Gitlab Account] password reset and include your account name in the email text. I’ll look into it. Currently we have a lot of spam.

Hi @philm,
No worries! The email text should be only the account name? Or should I write something and include the account name? :slight_smile:
Thanks again!

Finally got a reply and was able to reset my password! Thanks again :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.