Meta key trigger host startmenu in VMWare

Hey !
I’m not running into a real issue, but this problem is quite annoying :
when I press the meta key (Windows key) in a VMWare Window, to open the start menu of the guest, it also opens the start menu of the Manjaro host.

I don’t really know where to put this question, so please tell me if I should ask this on VMWare forums

Thanks !

2 Likes

Use different keys on both? (I use Ctrl+Esc)

:thinking:

You could disable global shortcuts on the VMware window. (At least on KDE).

1 Like

Hi ! I’m sorry, but I never went deep into KDE configuration. Could you send me a link, or a hint on how to do that ?

You can change shortcut just in VMWare window ? Or are you talking to change it for the window-wide ?

Click on the top left application icon, then More Actions and then Special Application settings

Then click on add properties

And finally ignore global shortcuts:

Change do not affect to force, and thats it. Downside is that you will no longer be able to Alt+Tab, Alt+F4, etc (Only on VMware). Screen edges will still work so you could use the top-left one instead of alttabbing (by default it shows your open windows).

2 Likes

Whatever you want as long as both are different but @adelpozoman 's system is better.

:clap:

Thanks you, it works ! I will check this menu deeper to see if I can specifically disable the meta shortcut

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.