Megasync: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.74

megasync: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.74: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[x@Neumann ~]$ ldconfig -p | grep libicuuc
        libicuuc.so.73 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/libicuuc.so.73
        libicuuc.so.73 (libc6) => /usr/lib32/libicuuc.so.73
        libicuuc.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/libicuuc.so
        libicuuc.so (libc6) => /usr/lib32/libicuuc.so

This occurred after updating to (DEB_Arch_Extra) megasync 4.11.0-4.

As I am writing I just “fixed” it by uninstalling the version above, and reinstalling a previous version with aur:
yay megasync-git

9 aur/megasync-git 4.10.0.0.4.gf718e54ba-1 (+28 0.02) (Installed: 4.11.0.0.10.g11a78ec3d-1)
    MEGASync Desktop App. (GIT Version)

What’s weird is that it says version 4.11.0 is installed, even though I chose 4.10.0.
Caveat: megasync is now not in the list of programs within the Application Launcher anymore, so I needed to run megasync via commandline.

Unsupported repo. Ask its maintainers.

Or rebuild megasync to fix this issue.

If they were using the AUR, but it is pointed out instead they are using the third party mega repository, with it already built, hence the file requirement that Stable Branch cannot meet.

This is exactly why third-party repos and/or the AUR should normally not be used while using the Manjaro stable branch. icu 74 is currently only available in the testing and unstable branches.

Using third-party repos and the AUR assumes you’re using Arch stable. The Manjaro unstable branch syncs with Arch stable several times a day.

Either way, neither are supported by Arch nor Manjaro. Please RTFM (Read the Friendly Manuals): :wink:

I just updated stable, so this should been fixed by now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.