Mate UI? Font color (Dark theme)

Is there a way to make all fonts white? They are a bit hard to read being more dark gray. This will happen in Firefox also right?2023-10-29T04:00:00Z

I don’t use MATE, but in and of themselves, fonts do not have a color. The colors are all dictated by the chosen color scheme, or possibly by the chosen theme if it includes a color scheme.

Again, I don’t use MATE, but in Plasma one can customize the color scheme, so I suspect that it would be possible in MATE as well.

1 Like

Hi @Edward78,

Short version is yes, there is.

Slightly longer version is that this is probably not what you’re looking for. I don’t know what DE you’re using, but look for a Dark theme for it. That’s probably what you’re looking for.

And no, it won’t automagically be that way in Firefox. Firefox uses it’s own theme, so you need to get a dark theme for it as well.

I know there are also automatic switchers based on the time of day. But I don’t know how these work, since I don’t use 'em.

Have a look here:

I think Firefox uses GTK3, and if I’m not mistaken, then MATE uses a fork of GTK2. But GTK2 and GTK3 should normally be compatible when it comes to themes.

@Edward78, as I said, I use KDE Plasma, but I use e17gtk from the AUR for my GTK2/GTK3-based applications. Of course, I don’t know your taste, and to be honest, the theme is flagged out of date on the AUR, but I haven’t had any problems with it so far, so you may want to try that. It looks like this… :point_down:

It works really well alongside Qt-based applications if you set the Qt style to the default kvantum style — you do need to have kvantum installed, though.

Here’s the theme on mate-look.org. :point_down:

1 Like

This one looks good to me:

That looks very… Adwaita to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I’m quite happy with:

• WM Theme: Afterglow-dark
  • Theme: Arc Dark [Plasma], oxygen-gnome-dark [GTK2/3]
  • Icons: candy-icons [Plasma], candy-icons [GTK2/3]

Edit:

And there’s always ole trusty:

1 Like

I’m waiting for the flood of this theme sucks comments.

1 Like

The people that says that live in denial.

2 Likes

Looks like your spiel choker is da b0rk3n again. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

1t h@pp3n5.

1 Like