[MATE] How to install zoom

I used Zoom on PCLinuxOS about a year ago and it was easy to install since it was in the archive, but it is not in manjaro. I have read a lot about how it is done on Manjaro. But there are obviously many ways to do it. I found this link https://snapcraft.io/install/zoom-client/manjaro
Is it a it a good way to install it on Manjaro.

Hi @Snubbi,

Have you looked at the AUR? Because it looks like it’s there.

$ pamac search zoom

zoom 5.5.2-1 AUR
   Video Conferencing and Web Conferencing Service

I there is also the possibility to run it in a browser.

zoom-firefox 0.0.3-0 AUR
   .desktop file for running Zoom in Firefox

Hope this helps!

It is a way yes. You also have Flatpak option, or simply the AUR or the browser as @Mirdarthos suggests.

If you prefer to avoid snaps, build it from the AUR:

pamac build zoom
1 Like

I can see this
zoom-system-qt
zoom-firefox
zoom

Which is best? for a regular user

I have no idea, sice I’ve never used Soom for anything before. You’ll have to test and decide for yourself.

zoom is the actual software.

zoom-system-qt are libraries and zoom-firefox is a .desktop file.

Install zoom as I said above:

pamac build zoom

It was Zoom I was going to use I found out. Another question how do I update the program from Aur. I used pamac build zoom.
I also have another program from AUR. I can not update it with sudo pacman -Syu? Or can I

No, pacman can’t build from the AUR. You will have to use pamac to update using:

pamac update -a

The -a tells pamac to check the AUR

Thanks

I’ using zoom flatpacked from flathub for quite a while. It is maintained and regularly gets updates.
In case you’re using kde you can easily install it using KDEs “discover” installer.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.