Manjaro's packages web page

If I navigate to the add/remove software and search for example for “Tor”, I get an official, Manjaro’s repo package.
However, when I go to packages.manjaro.org and search for “Tor” or any other related variant, I can’t find it.
Why?

Scroll down - the list is ordered alphabetically.
It’s there.

The three letter name is probably too short and you get a list of everything … my speculation.

You’re right. It has different name and doesn’t search the same way.
Thanks

It has exactly the same name.

Can you post that name please?

it is:

tor

True.
On the other hand, I was looking for the Tor Browser Launcher package and it has different names.

It has the exact same name as it is in my sceenshot above the next entry. And here it is in pamac. In both is goes for torbrowser-launcher

3 Likes

Ganimede, don’t post anymore in my threads please

I think OP needs to be right to feel better.
When you search for “tor browser” on the website - nothing will be found.
It will be if the search is without space or just “tor” - and that is what he started this thread with.
I already wished him well :grinning:

If you have any issues with my “help”. You can say so, or if you think my post are inappropriate you can flag them for the moderators.

But I don’t need your permission to post in this forum no matter in your threads or not.

This is a public forum and users are encouraged to Improve the Discussion

Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small.

Some comments may not be helpful for you but might be helpful for other users

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.