it is was now a long time ago I found time to announce a release of Manjaro at all. We are a rolling distro and therefore you only install it once. However with this release we added some new features to mention.
- Stefano (@Ste74) worked hard to get our Gnome Edition updated. Lot of small features got added and issues fixed.
- Our KDE Edition got the latest Plasma, Apps and Framework added. We also worked on Octopi and added small improvements to this package manager
- Most of the work went into Pamac by Guilllaume (@guinux). We now fixed the issue not able to select the countries our servers were located. Please check our changelog for more detailed information.
- Frede (@fhdk) pushed new features to our core tool Pacman-Mirrors. Read also there our changelog for more details.
- Some of our kernel work went into the bootsplash support. We will properly introduce it with our Illyria release later this year. However, it is already added, though.
- We love latest technology. So our Grub not only supports F2FS now, but also has the support for multiple initrd images. You can even add custom firmware images to be preloaded as needed from now on.
- Ramon (@kirek) fixed some issues in our Manjaro Settings Manager. You may find the details in our changelog.
- This release is the second ISO release having Fabian´s (@Tids) work on simplifying our opensource graphical driver install. Please see his Merge Request for the needed details.
So enjoy this release and spread the word about Manjaro Linux. Download it for free here.
All these improvements you will also find in our special edition for the Spitfire, we have Manjaro optimized for.