Manjaro tends to use one of the core of my dual core CPU to 100% after some time of using the system

Hello everyone,
I am using manjaro xfce on a pretty old computer (Desktop) it is around 10 years old, after using the manjaro for around 1hour my cpu utilization reaches 100% and computer shutsdown.
I am using 64bit manjaro, RAM in my computer is 6 gb.
When I used htop to find out which task is hogging my cpu I got the command written below that was using around 100% of one core

/usr/lib/Xorg :0 -seat seat0 -auth /run/lightdm/root/:0 -noli

Please take the time to read the following post… :arrow_down:

Without the proper information, nobody is going to be able to help you. For instance…

• Is this a desktop computer or a laptop/notebook?
  • Are you running the 32-bit community version of Manjaro, or the official 64-bit Manjaro?
  • How much RAM does that machine have?
  • Have you checked what is hogging the CPU core with htop or top, or perhaps a graphical system load monitor? (I don’t run XFCE, so I don’t know what it is called there, but in KDE Plasma it’s called System Monitor.)

@Aragorn I have updated my post according to the requirements can you please take a look.

if possible
reboot on USB iso manjaro

open 2 terminals
1 - check with top ( one cpu to 100% ? )

2 - returns inxi -Fxxxza --no-host

Hi, I’ve been with manjaro for 5 days, approximately, I like the distribution and its ease, I am one of the people who likes to save resources to use them in a certain place to the maximum benefit and I realize that manjaro always needs to use 100% of the CPU of two cores, I don’t know why that happens or is it necessary to always consume 100% of two cores.

██████████████████ ████████ Host: HP Laptop 15-da0xxx
████████ ████████ Kernel: 5.8.11-1-MANJARO
████████ ████████ ████████ Uptime: 4 hours, 3 mins
████████ ████████ ████████ Packages: 1383 (pacman), 6 (snap)
████████ ████████ ████████ Shell: bash 5.0.18
████████ ████████ ████████ Resolution: 1366x768
████████ ████████ ████████ DE: Plasma 5.19.5
████████ ████████ ████████ WM: KWin
████████ ████████ ████████ WM Theme: McMojave-1.5x
████████ ████████ ████████ Theme: Breeze Dark [Plasma], Breeze [GTK2/3
████████ ████████ ████████ Icons: Mojave-CT-Night-Mode [Plasma], Mojav
Terminal: konsole
Terminal Font: Noto Mono 13
CPU: Intel i5-8250U (8) @ 3.400GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX110
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620
Memory: 5149MiB / 7875MiB

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Open up htop and look for what process is eating your CPU time.

Hello again, thank you very much for the welcome :), because if that I always see with the naked eye and kill programs that I know, but some processes I don’t know how to identify them and I better not touch them, I already spent several times to end processes I had problems in the future, I prefer to leave it to software I recommend, and that is what I did; download auto-cpufreq and install it, then restart it and now everything normal I gave it the same use as before but this time the processors are not going crazy going up to 100%.