Manjaro Sway .iso broke my system

Hey,
I am trying to install Manjaro Sway on my lappy…

When I do the manual partitioning (so I can assign my /home partition) I get this https:/ /termbin. com/c6e0

Pls advice since lappy is now in rather unusable state and I am not completely sure if I can write to the USB drive while it’s being used as a live system and expect good results…

xoxo

EDIT: I did a sha512 check of the iso after dl

As a side note I get that you are trying to keep the spam bots out, but imho it’s rather stupid that I am not allowed to post links in a normal way as a new user in a linux support forum…

I think, either this

https://termbin.com/c6e0

or this

https://termbin.com/c6e0

should have worked even for you as a first time poster - just a bit of formatting

This simple need for the use of the editor to format that link is efficient enough to actually keep the spam bots out
and you could have known about it by reading a bit of the recommended introductory posts :nerd_face:

not possible - it will fail
you need a second one
or another working machine

2 Likes

I thought so and I don’t have any of those things at hand

I suppose I am gonna try this…

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/root-tip-how-to-do-a-manual-manjaro-installation/12507

Next time you might want to try Ventoy - the drive stays usable as a storage device, you just put another ISO on it (if space permits)
or you can have a choice to boot another system if you have more than one ISO on the medium to begin with

But that’s for later - for now you are … stuck with what you have :man_shrugging:

2 Likes
2023-04-07 - 19:58:59 [6]: Python Error:
 <class 'FileExistsError'> 
 [Errno 17] File exists: './chrome-flags.conf' -> '/tmp/calamares-root-vlxsc6wr/root/.config/brave-flags.conf' 
 File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/postcfg/main.py", line 159, in run
    return config.run()

File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/postcfg/main.py", line 115, in run
    self.copy_folder('etc/skel', 'root')

File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/postcfg/main.py", line 71, in copy_folder
    copy_tree("/" + source, join(self.root, target), preserve_symlinks=1)

File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/dir_util.py", line 173, in copy_tree
    copy_tree(

File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/dir_util.py", line 168, in copy_tree
    os.symlink(link_dest, dst_name) 

2023-04-07 - 19:58:59 [6]: virtual void Calamares::JobThread::run()
    Skipping non-emergency job "Unmount file systems." 
2023-04-07 - 19:58:59 [1]: void Calamares::ViewManager::onInstallationFailed(const QString&, const QString&)
    ERROR: Installation failed: "Boost.Python error in job \"postcfg\"." 
2023-04-07 - 19:58:59 [6]:     .. - message: "Boost.Python error in job \"postcfg\"." 
2023-04-07 - 19:58:59 [6]:     .. - details: <div><strong>&lt;class 'FileExistsError'&gt;</strong></div><div>[Errno 17] File exists: './chrome-flags.conf' -&gt; '/tmp/calamares-root-vlxsc6wr/root/.config/brave-flags.conf'</div><div><br/>Traceback:</div><div><pre>File &quot;/usr/lib/calamares/modules/postcfg/main.py&quot;, line 159, in run
    return config.run()

File &quot;/usr/lib/calamares/modules/postcfg/main.py&quot;, line 115, in run
    self.copy_folder('etc/skel', 'root')

File &quot;/usr/lib/calamares/modules/postcfg/main.py&quot;, line 71, in copy_folder
    copy_tree(&quot;/&quot; + source, join(self.root, target), preserve_symlinks=1)

File &quot;/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/dir_util.py&quot;, line 173, in copy_tree
    copy_tree(

File &quot;/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/dir_util.py&quot;, line 168, in copy_tree
    os.symlink(link_dest, dst_name)</pre></div>
2023-04-07 - 19:58:59 [6]: void Calamares::ViewManager::onInstallationFailed(const QString&, const QString&)
    Calamares will quit when the dialog closes. 
2023-04-07 - 19:58:59 [2]: QQmlExpression: Attempted to evaluate an expression in an invalid context
2023-04-07 - 19:58:59 [6]: void Config::doNotify(bool, bool)
    Notification not sent; completion: failed 

There is a problem on postcfg module. Maybe report that problem to the maintainers: Issues · manjaro-sway/manjaro-sway · GitHub

1 Like

Will do… Rn i am just watching text fly by while I update keyrings anyways… Hopefully I can get a working system following the linux-aarhus guide

Edit: done 🐛 iso broke my system... · Issue #494 · manjaro-sway/manjaro-sway · GitHub

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Manjaro Sway .iso broke my system

Define “broke”. Logs or it didn’t happen.

EDIT: My apologies, you did provide a link to the log. However, everything else I mentioned still stands.

• Please edit your topic title to be clear and concise about the issue.
  • Please also edit your first post to include information that can help us help you.
  • Please use actual words, not invented abbreviations. This is a support forum, not a social network or instant messenger.

Sorry, that is completely useless to the Manjaro Sway developers. You have provided no information whatsoever.

EDIT: Include the log in the issue, no one should have to dig through this thread to figure out what you’re talking about.

Please see:

Ad you can see further up in this posting i have provided the fail log that their installer provided me…

Feel free to ban my account and keep the broke iso on your website

Also, the log been posted 3 times in this thread in 3 different formats… So maybe read the thread before you post

If you wish.

Check your attitude.

I’ve reopened and relisted the topic. Please be kind and respectful.