Manjaro support with Arch packages and other kernels

I am new to Linux and Manjaro. I switched from Ubuntu to Manjaro and tried every famous arch distro like Endeavouros, Garuda, Arch GUI, etc. But finally I only want to use Manjaro as it is overall best. But I heard about Manjaro crashes and modifications of Manjaro like modified kernel, repositories, etc.

So should I use other kernels like linux-zen and AUR in Manjaro. Will it support them?

Like what’s the difference of stability of AUR packages and system compared to vanilla arch if I use Manjaro default kernel and install AUR packages?

What I can easily do in Arch but I should not do in Manjaro to maintain stability?

Can I do anything in Manjaro which can be done in vanilla arch and get similar stability?

Please help me!

No and will not be supported

That’s FUD, and no one operating system is perfect

Just use the distro and come if you have problems

3 Likes

Manjaro is a curated rolling release, so it’s more stable than Arch. New packages are tested more thoroughly before they get pushed out to the Stable branch.

AUR packages are a whole other story. The AUR is a community-managed repository of PKGBUILD files that pull in software from third-parties. Therefore, Manjaro cannot take responsibility for anything installed from the AUR, and for that matter, Arch proper also disavows software from the AUR.

Some people do that, but Manjaro does not officially support such setups. If it did, then those kernels would be in our repositories. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I heard that 5G causes SARS-CoV-2.

:+1:

4 Likes

Not sure who you’ve been talking to but I’ve tried every distro you mentioned and manjaro is at least as stable if not more stable than them all

Just install manjaro use it and give any feedback/ask for help on the forums

3 Likes

I recommend forming your own opinion - there is a lot FUD flying around - most of it comes from users casting blame and too lazy to fix their own issues.

I have been using Manjaro since 2016 (unstable branch) and I have not had any issues I wouldn’t have had using Arch.

Another recommendation is to learn how the system works and to think twice before jumping into every possible pkgbuild found on AUR.

The last recommandation is to be smart when you sync your system.

4 Likes

nothing closer to vanilla arch than arch itself. goodbye :slightly_smiling_face:

So … you have demonstrated you only have the most tenuous of grasp on these subjects, if one at all as you came here asking basic questions … and after folks respond you just plop some generic ‘manjaro no good I use other thing’ ?
As classy as it is informed I guess.

No one need waste any more time.