Manjaro settings missing from KDE system settings

Hi,
I had multiple issues recently which I hope are related.

1. Manjaro settings are missing from system settings
  2. Launching mhwd-gpu return
:: status
warning: could not find '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mhwd.conf'!

I tried to reinstall gpu driver with command sudo mhwd -a pci free 0300 -f but nothing changed.

Hello,
Is this a correct information: GPU: AMD RX Vega 56 - from your user profile?
The free drivers are not creating any config file, but that status report is just a warning, not an error. What was your expected change? Do you have any issues with the display, monitors layout, acceleration … ?

You had to uninstall some package that integrates it with Plasma. Look around your pacman history and see if you can find some Plasma-manjaro package removed.
Or, some configs changed.

Some users on this forum will know exactly what packages and what configs made the Manjaro settings integrate with Plasma settings. @bogdancovaciu, any idea who should we call?

Is this a correct information: GPU: AMD RX Vega 56 - from your user profile?

Yes. This is correct and I am using free drivers.

The free drivers are not creating any config file, but that status report is just a warning, not an error.

Ok. Thanks. So the warning is unrelated.

What was your expected change? Do you have any issues with the display, monitors layout, acceleration … ?

I expected to see manjaro tools in system settings : the one which display which kernel you use and let you install a new one, the one which let you know which allow you to auto-install gpu-drivers and change from free/non free, the one which let you install language packs etc…

Oh, ok. I did not see this on wiki. If wiki is editable by anyone I will add this info when we’ll find out.

/var/log/pacman.log right ?

Check status of manjaro-settings-manager-kcm package by

pacman -Qi manjaro-settings-manager-kcm

If it’s not installed, install it by

sudo pacman -Syu manjaro-settings-manager-kcm

and reboot.

1 Like

@Wollie Thanks a lot.

Although I launched sudo pacman -S manjaro-kde-settings sddm-breath-theme manjaro-settings-manager-knotifier manjaro-settings-manager-kcm command as specified on wiki (I already did weeks ago) with output :

avertissement : manjaro-kde-settings-20200804-1 est à jour -- réinstallation
avertissement : sddm-breath-theme-0.4.0-2 est à jour -- réinstallation
résolution des dépendances…
recherche des conflits entre paquets…

Paquets (5) manjaro-settings-manager-0.5.6-10  manjaro-kde-settings-20200804-1  manjaro-settings-manager-kcm-0.5.6-10  manjaro-settings-manager-knotifier-0.5.6-10
            sddm-breath-theme-0.4.0-2

Taille totale installée :    16.06 MiB
Taille de mise Ă  jour nette :  12.78 MiB

:: Procéder à l’installation ? [O/n] o
(5/5) vérification des clés dans le trousseau                                                                 [##################################################################] 100%
(5/5) vérification de l’intégrité des paquets                                                                 [##################################################################] 100%
(5/5) chargement des fichiers des paquets                                                                     [##################################################################] 100%
(5/5) analyse des conflits entre fichiers                                                                     [##################################################################] 100%
(5/5) vérification de l’espace disque disponible                                                              [##################################################################] 100%
:: Traitement des changements du paquet…
(1/5) réinstallation manjaro-kde-settings                                                                     [##################################################################] 100%
(2/5) réinstallation sddm-breath-theme                                                                        [##################################################################] 100%
(3/5) installation de manjaro-settings-manager                                                                [##################################################################] 100%
DĂ©pendances optionnelles pour manjaro-settings-manager
    manjaro-settings-manager-notifier: qt-based
    manjaro-settings-manager-knotifier: knotifications-based [en attente]
(4/5) installation de manjaro-settings-manager-knotifier                                                      [##################################################################] 100%
DĂ©pendances optionnelles pour manjaro-settings-manager-knotifier
    manjaro-settings-manager-knotifier: knotifications-based [installé]
(5/5) installation de manjaro-settings-manager-kcm                                                            [##################################################################] 100%
DĂ©pendances optionnelles pour manjaro-settings-manager-kcm
    manjaro-settings-manager-knotifier: knotifications-based [installé]
:: Exécution des crochets de post-transaction…
(1/5) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/5) Reloading system bus configuration...
(3/5) Updating icon theme caches...
(4/5) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...
(5/5) Updating the MIME type database...

Everything seemed to work but I noticed that when checking pamac GUI they were actually not installed. I do not understand.

Installing these packages from pamac GUI did the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.