Name            : rofi
Version         : 1.6.0.r9.g6ba878e4-1
Description     : A window switcher, run dialog and dmenu replacement
Architecture    : x86_64
URL             : https://github.com/DaveDavenport/rofi/
Licenses        : MIT
Groups          : None
Provides        : rofi
Depends On      : cairo  flex  freetype2  libjpeg  librsvg  libx11  libxcb  libxdg-basedir
                  libxft  libxkbcommon  libxkbcommon-x11  pango  startup-notification  xcb-util
                  xcb-util-wm  xcb-util-xrm
Optional Deps   : None
Required By     : manjaro-openbox-scripts  rofi-calc  rofi-pass  rofi-scripts  rofimoji
                  rootmenu
Optional For    : clipmenu  morc_menu  networkmanager-dmenu
Conflicts With  : rofi
Replaces        : None
Download Size   : 223.63 KiB
Installed Size  : 616.75 KiB
Packager        : Matti Hyttinen <matti@manjaro.com>
Build Date      : Sunday 13 September 2020 01:37:01 AM
MD5 Sum         : fe8dc18228ce90fe208ecb661cd9bcc1
SHA-256 Sum     : c0f9d873e397d580c0e8b88d5ccbd16c15aa9a9bc4bd8db33ec803e1dc98e8a5
Signatures      : 8238651DDF5E0594

And I can’t find the PKGBUILD on gitlab.manjaro.org

The upstream Arch package is at version 1.6.0-1 Arch Linux - rofi 1.6.0-1 (x86_64)

What are the changes and where is the PKGBUILD?

It was a temporary overlay package, built with AUR PKGBUILD rofi-git. It’s meant to be dropped when arch next updates rofi, and was uploaded in a bit of haste, so I didn’t upload the PKGBUILD at the time. I can upload it to the gitlab.manjaro.org now.

1 Like

Thank you so much.
Occasionally I find these discrepancies and the PKGBUILD in most of these cases isn’t available. I humbly suggest Manjaro team to be more transparent in this regard. Availability of PKGBUILDs is important.

I don’t know of an instance where PKGBUILD would have been intentionally omitted, but accidents happen from time to time. But thanks for the reminder =)

Are the package builds not based from gitlab? It should be done like almost every other distro does, including Arch. The built packages and their PKGBUILDs should be corresponding and available one-to-one

They are build locally and the PKGBUILDs are updated after that. We have been planning to automate builds so that packages would be built by updating the PKGBUILDs, because that would prevent mishaps like this. But so far nobody has found the requisite time to set it up.

Thanks for clarifying things up! :slight_smile:
I hope the build process gets automated soon.

Alright, here it is:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.