Manjaro Rescue: helper for rescue your manjaro installation

Hello community,

i have made a GUI tool to help anyone try to restore or rescue a Manjaro installation; the manjaro-rescue tool is based on biglinux-grub-restore, need to be used only in live mode and enhanced the ability of manjaro-chroot. You can restore your Grub, run pamac-manager, run Toolbox ( bmenu ), manjaro-log-helper, and use terminal inside your installed system.

Thank you @Bruno_Goncalves and Biglinux devs.

immagine

Cheers
Stefano

15 Likes

Great GUI, makes it more easy!
Will it be in the repository after some time?

Well it’s in the testing and unstable branches.
https://packages.manjaro.org/?query=Manjaro-rescue

1 Like

PSA: manjaro-rescue now depends on st rather than st-manjaro (deprecated).

I am happy to see tools developed for BigLinux being used in Manjaro, I suggest you check how much BigBashView can facilitate the development of interfaces, it can also be useful in Manjaro.

We have been using it since 2008, the idea was originally mine and implemented for the first time by a friend, Thomaz dos Reis, it is currently maintained by Elton Fabricio.

3 Likes

manjaro-rescue can not be put in Packages-Live as buildiso fails, you can put it in Packages-Desktop
but that rather defeats the object as it can only be used in a live environment.
So at the moment I have no idea how to use this?

What happens?

I will have to run it again and give the error messages.

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
manjaro-rescue: /run/media/robin0800/Build/manjaro-tools/lib/buildiso/cinnamon/x86_64/livefs/usr/share/manjaro/grub-restore/grub-apply-efi exists in filesystem
manjaro-rescue: /run/media/robin0800/Build/manjaro-tools/lib/buildiso/cinnamon/x86_64/livefs/usr/share/manjaro/grub-restore/grub-apply-legacy exists in filesystem
manjaro-rescue: /run/media/robin0800/Build/manjaro-tools/lib/buildiso/cinnamon/x86_64/livefs/usr/share/manjaro/grub-restore/grub-icon.svg exists in filesystem
manjaro-rescue: /run/media/robin0800/Build/manjaro-tools/lib/buildiso/cinnamon/x86_64/livefs/usr/share/manjaro/grub-restore/grub-restore exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
==> ERROR: Failed to install packages to new root
==> ERROR: Failed to install all packages
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in make_image_live().
    Aborting...

here you go
The “conflicting files” is strange as the files mentioned are not in the livefs but in the desktopfs

Sorry for delay, i have build locally the xfce profile and all is ok. I can’t build cinnamon because seem is broken…