I hope I am asking the right forum and if there is someone that can help me on this issue as I have been scrounging around the forums on the rpi foundation and manjaro forums to get my Raspberry Pi 4 working on HDMI with my monitor.
To list what I have:
- I am using/testing Manjaro XFCE and KDE 21.04 on Raspberry Pi 4
- I am using a 24inch Desktop monitor, a LG Flatron IPS235 (ancient I know)
- This monitor has DVI, VGA and HDMI. I am trying to get 1080p or 1920x1080 to work but it seems that only 1080i works…temporarily
- I made sure I am using proper HDMI cable, as I have tested 2 different types, and one of them is bad(thrown away).
What I have done:
- Flash the manjaro XFCE/KDE onto a sandisk 32gb microSD using balenaEtcher
- When done flashing, open the config file to make some modifications
- I save the config file and put the microSD to the PI and power it up with a proper power brick (using Canakit power supply)
- I see it boots up and goes to the settings where I input the keyboard, user info, password, etc.
- Once done setting up, the RPI goes the the sequence of setting things up and then Reboots
- It reboots, and I see that there is activity and pops up the Manjaro Logo, but after that, it just goes to black screen
I have been racking my brains on this for 3 days so far and in need help of how to solve this issue. Please let me know what else I need to provide to have more clarity and ease of troubleshooting. Below is the config I have set that has helped me get past the “boot up” and manjaro logo before it goes black.
I am able to get it going on 1080i for some reason, but anything on 1080P or even 720P is tough to get past.
I also was able to get to a certain point when i enable
hdmi_safe=1 and ACTUALLY LOG IN. However, after entering my credentials, it just goes back to black screen.
gpu_mem=64 initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel kernel=kernel8.img arm_64bit=1 disable_overscan:0=1 #enable sound dtparam=audio=on ##### monitor/tv options hdmi_drive:0=2 hdmi_group:0=1 hdmi_mode:0=5 hdmi_force_hotplug:0=1 hdmi_ignore_edid:1=0xa5000080 #enable vc4 dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d max_framebuffers=2 disable_splash=1