Manjaro on proot distro

Hii community members i am running manjaro-aarch64 using termux and proot distro i installed pamac on my distro and while upgrading on installing any package these error are showing can you please help me

** (pamac:8760): WARNING **: 02:18:51.141: transaction_interface_daemon.vala:52: failed to connect to dbus daemon: Could not connect: No such file or directory
Authorization not available. Check if polkit service is running or see debug message for more information.
Preparing…

** (pamac:8760): CRITICAL **: 02:18:51.353: pamac_daemon_start_get_authorization: assertion ‘self != NULL’ failed

Hi,

Is a polkit daemon installed and running? Did you installed packages and the DE manually i that proot? Is pamac from Manjaro repository or the AUR one? What gives:
pacman -Q | grep pamac

if mixed stuff there, then run:
sudo pacman -Syu pamac-common pamac-gtk

PRoot Distro is not a virtual machine, neither a traditional chroot. It shares the same kernel as your Android system, so do not even try to update it through package manager - this will not work.
GitHub - termux/proot-distro: An utility for managing installations of the Linux distributions in Termux.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.