Manjaro not showing login icon after latest update

That’s weird… Unfortunately I don’t really know how to help you with that. Try opening another thread on the subject matter

Didn’t work for me. I’m able to start lightdm after following the tutorial with the command “sudo systemctl enable lightdm --now”, then I login and it works. But after I reboot, things don’t work as they should. Firstly, it boots into grub, which it didn’t before, and gives me the option to boot “Manjaro Linux” (the default) or “Manjaro Linux on /dev/sda3” (which is my boot partition). I’ve tried both options, the former just leaves me on a black screen where I cannot even open a tty to start lightdm and the latter leaves me on a screen with a static cursor on the top left, also unable to use a tty. Only solution is to timeshift restore to before installing LightDM and go back to my unusable GDM with no users listed.

Super frustrated with my first experience with Manjaro. Spent the last couple of days trying to make a stable version usable on my laptop with no success.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.