Manjaro No Disk

This is my first post here. I wanted to install Manjaro KDE 21.0.4 on my new laptop as a dual boot. I have used Kali Linux before, but due to some reasons, I want to use Manjaro now.

The laptop has a 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD hybrid storage. Windows10 is on SSD and I want Manjaro on HDD. But the Manjaro Installer, in the partition screen, only SSD is given while HDD is not present. How do I get my HDD visible to install Manjaro?

I would be glad if any of you can let me know how to get this done.

Thank you

Kali defaults to LVM so you will need to account for that when you install.

To my - limited - knowledge on LVM and Calamares there is no easy way of doing it unless you wipe the disk currently holding Kali.

To wipe the Kali disk - example command for wiping a fictive device /dev/sdy. As root execute

# sgdisk --zap-all /dev/sdy
1 Like

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. If the above advice is unfeasible for some reason, please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…
  2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time

Thanks for he reply but I have already wiped out Kali from it and only windows 10 is there