Manjaro No Boot and Crackle on Startup

Hey all!

I’m having an issue with Manjaro that was initially intermittent, but now it seems more permanent. The issue I am having is that sometimes whenever I boot, the system pulls up a black screen with just the solid cursor and the system makes a popping noise. Doing ctrl+alt+f3 allows me to pull up the terminal and reboot it from there, but it usually just does the same exact thing when rebooting. I tried getting chroot to work but honestly I’m not sure what causes this problem in the first place, so I’m not sure what settings I need to change or what I need to install/uninstall to get it working again.

This issue happened once before, and doing an OSRI solved the issue for a bit, until it started doing it again. Also, this issue seems to be getting worse as time goes on. Just yesterday I could boot it about 50% of the time, but today I haven’t been able to get it to boot once after many reboots.

I followed a few posts on the forum but was unable to fix it due to not really knowing where to start when using chroot.

My Manjaro OS is being dual booted with windows 10 with Manjaro on an NVME M.2 SSD, which gave me a bunch of trouble but after a while I was able to figure out how to install it with some tutorials.

Thanks for the help in advance. I’m very new to linux, so bear with me lol

We don’t have Windows 10 for ARM, so I think this post belongs in regular #support . :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah my apologies, thank you for fixing that!

Just been bumping this, been trying to get it figured out for a couple days now