Manjaro Linux Newbie BIOS Help

Hello guys, I use linux from a year now , but I have to change back to windows 10 for a month.
So I went to my sister’s pc, used rufus to make a bootable usb flashdrive, didn’t let me install windows though, it said something about legacy usb, and being stupid, I went into the bios again and disabled USB ports , and now I can’t acess BIOS anymore, even if I spam the key. The problem is not in the keyboard i promise. Is there a way to acess bios from manjaro and enable the usb ports again. I found tutorials on youtube but it shows me how to do it only on win10, by pressing UEFI firmware etc, but i don’t find an option like that on manjaro. If this topic is in the wrong spot , please don’t delete it, insted move it to the right one, i’ve never used the forum. Thanks for your time guys, I really appreciate any help.

EDIT: Forgot to mention.
Motherboard: asrock fm2a88m-hd + r3.0

Unfortunately no.

But, you can always remove the battery if you have a laptop and then remove the NVRAM/CMOS battery regardless of you having a laptop or desktop (normally another very small coin-shaped battery) and that will surely remove any settings from your BIOS or UEFI firmware, but that requires screwdrivers, so download the service or technical manual for your machine / MoBo and have a more in-depth look there before you try doing this.

:crossed_fingers:

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

Hey yes, I searched even more and found out i have to remove the CMOS battery to clear the bios settings. Thank you alot brother!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.