Manjaro KDE resolution stretching

I have a question regarding changing resolutions in manjaro, so I want to play CSGO in 800x600 stretched without blackbars but I dont know a way to make 800x600 stretched on my manjaro KDE if anyone has any idea please help me

Hello :slightly_smiling_face: !
Basically, you’ll just need to set your screen resolution to 800x600 in Manjaro. Whether this resolution is stretched or not will most likely be configurable in your Monitor’s OSD/Settings, the Operating System has very little influence on stretiching as far as I’m concerned.
Could you post the output of

xrandr

and

inxi -Fxza

when you run these commands in a Terminal?

1 Like

Okay, I assume you already have you answer. But for someone who is going to look for this thread I can tell you the solution specifically for CS Go 800x600 stretched res.

Step 1: Set your Screen to your native resolution. Do not change to any other resolution
Step 2: In CS GO , go to video options, and set aspect ratio to 4:3
Step 3: You’ll see all the res supporting 4:3 aspect ratio (For eg: 800x600, 1024x768 etc…).
Select any res you want.

(Surprisingly you’ll get stretched resolution. Yes, you don’t need to go to Graphics panel and stretch the screen as needed in Windows or so I used to do it.)

So, as I mentioned this is the solution to only CS GO, because if you set display to 800x600 you’ll still get black bars. It means you get stretched res for game only.