Hello All, I am using manjaro KDE Plasma 5.22.4 . Initially, I tested it in a virtual machine allocating 3 gb of ram and 100 gb of hard disk space and it ran almost fine. After that, I ran manjaro from a 16gb Sandisk USB and I got the snappy performance as one would get from a linux distro. After, I installed manjaro on hard disk , however the performance is not at all great. The problems I face
- Booting takes about 3 minutes , time from starting the machine to the desktop screen.
2.Clicking on the menu launcher takes time to open which was never the case in case of live boot. Also typing into the search bar of the menu launcher is also extremely laggy.
- It takes a lot of time to launch every application.
- When I run the QT design studio, the system works ok for some time and then completely hangs.I have to force shutdown the entire machine by holding the power button.
I have gone through several posts in the forum but things not seem to work for me. I have turned off compositing but without any improvement. My nvidia.conf file is blank --I do not know why.
I would be really grateful if the community can help me to solve the problem.
Output of inxi -Fx
perl: warning: Setting locale failed. perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings: LANGUAGE = "", LC_ALL = (unset), LC_ADDRESS = "en_IN", LC_NAME = "en_IN", LC_MONETARY = "en_IN", LC_PAPER = "en_IN", LC_IDENTIFICATION = "en_IN", LC_TELEPHONE = "en_IN", LC_MEASUREMENT = "en_IN", LC_TIME = "en_IN", LC_NUMERIC = "en_IN", LANG = "en_IN.UTF-8" are supported and installed on your system. perl: warning: Falling back to a fallback locale ("en_IN.UTF-8").
System: Host: sayanc Kernel: 5.10.60-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.1.0 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.22.4 Distro: Manjaro Linux base: Arch Linux Machine: Type: Laptop System: LENOVO product: INVA v: 330-15ICH serial: <superuser required> Mobo: LENOVO model: LNVNB161216 v: SDK0Q55722 WIN serial: <superuser required> UEFI-[Legacy]: LENOVO v: 7ZCN37WW date: 11/27/2020 Battery: ID-1: BAT0 charge: 36.5 Wh (96.1%) condition: 38.0/45.0 Wh (84.3%) volts: 12.6 min: 11.3 model: SMP L17M3PB1 status: Unknown CPU: Info: Quad Core model: Intel Core i5-8300H bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Kaby Lake note: check rev: A cache: L2: 8 MiB flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 36812 Speed: 800 MHz min/max: 800/4000 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 800 2: 800 3: 801 4: 800 5: 800 6: 800 7: 800 8: 800 Graphics: Device-1: Intel CoffeeLake-H GT2 [UHD Graphics 630] vendor: Lenovo driver: i915 v: kernel bus-ID: 00:02.0 Device-2: NVIDIA GP107M [GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile] vendor: Lenovo driver: nvidia v: 470.63.01 bus-ID: 01:00.0 Device-3: Realtek EasyCamera type: USB driver: uvcvideo bus-ID: 1-8:2 Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.13 driver: loaded: modesetting,nvidia unloaded: nouveau resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel UHD Graphics 630 (CFL GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 21.2.1 direct render: Yes Audio: Device-1: Intel Cannon Lake PCH cAVS vendor: Lenovo driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus-ID: 00:1f.3 Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.10.60-1-MANJARO running: yes Sound Server-2: JACK v: 1.9.19 running: no Sound Server-3: PulseAudio v: 15.0 running: yes Sound Server-4: PipeWire v: 0.3.33 running: yes Network: Device-1: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Lenovo driver: ath10k_pci v: kernel port: 4000 bus-ID: 07:00.0 IF: wlp7s0 state: up mac: 3c:91:80:22:17:67 Device-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: Lenovo driver: r8169 v: kernel port: 3000 bus-ID: 08:00.0 IF: enp8s0 state: down mac: e8:6a:64:00:b5:19 Bluetooth: Device-1: Qualcomm Atheros type: USB driver: btusb v: 0.8 bus-ID: 1-14:3 Report: rfkill ID: hci0 rfk-id: 3 state: up address: see --recommends Drives: Local Storage: total: 931.51 GiB used: 68.75 GiB (7.4%) ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Western Digital model: WD10SPZX-24Z10 size: 931.51 GiB Partition: ID-1: / size: 907.15 GiB used: 68.09 GiB (7.5%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda1 Swap: ID-1: swap-1 type: partition size: 8.8 GiB used: 674.7 MiB (7.5%) dev: /dev/sda2 Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 46.0 C mobo: N/A Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A Info: Processes: 238 Uptime: 1h 1m Memory: 7.65 GiB used: 2.19 GiB (28.6%) Init: systemd Compilers: gcc: 11.1.0 Packages: 1349 Shell: Bash v: 5.1.8 inxi: 3.3.06