Manjaro KDE (Plasma 5) and Wayland - Clipboard (copy/paste) issues with Wine

I use Linux Manjaro KDE (Plasma 5) and I am using the Wayland communication protocol for my display server (previously I used X11).

When making this change (Wayland to X11) I started having problems with the clipboard on my Linux Manjaro KDE when I need to use the clipboard (copy/paste) between Wine applications and the rest of the system, especially Chrome which often crashes. Other times, in this same context, the clipboard does not work correctly.

What can I do to deal with these problems with the clipboard on my Linux Manjaro KDE?

I use Linux Manjaro KDE (Plasma 5) and I am using the Wayland communication protocol for my display server (previously I used X11).

When making this change (Wayland to X11) I started having problems with the clipboard on my Linux Manjaro KDE when I need to use the clipboard (copy/paste) between Wine applications and the rest of the system, especially Chrome which often crashes. Other times, in this same context, the clipboard does not work correctly.

What can I do to deal with these problems with the clipboard on my Linux Manjaro KDE?

[Ref(s).: Copy paste problem - works every other time - #20 by Hasindu ]

Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Try installing xclip (to give you an X11 clipboard manager) from the Official Repositories & clipboard-sync from the AUR. Also make sure that wl-clipboard is installed.

Then run (as a normal user) systemctl --user enable --now clipboard-sync to start the synchronisation service & see if that fixes the problem.

I haven’t tried it myself (I don’t use any Windows/Wine apps), but hopefully that should fix the issue.

AUR (en) - clipboard-sync

1 Like

I am speculating why you felt the need to multiply the sections in your topic.

That aside - wl-clipboard is used to send content to the clipboard on wayland same as xclip for Xorg

wine may not yet have the necessary code to handle how wayland protocol is designed when it comes to clipboard.

1 Like