Manjaro KDE Ornara boot but stuck after, Desktop not starting

Hello,

i am quite unexperienced with linux and new to Manjaro and arch.
What happened?:
I yesterday installed the new Ornara KDE version beside my windows.
I installed WiFi drivers for my Realtek 8812bu USB adapter from GitHub - morrownr/88x2bu: Linux Driver for USB WiFi Adapters that are based on the RTL8812BU and RTL8822BU Chipsets with the instructions provided there.

I activated AUR.

I started scrolling through the packages in the pamac GUI and on KDE applications website and installed a boatload of different applications with pamac, such as Kube, Kontact, stuff like Blender, VSCode, Godot, Krita and many more. Everything went fine. I went to bed way too late, overslept, came home from work and manjaro boots but then stucks.

What i can see: [ 0.000000] RDRAND gives funky smelling output, might consider not using it by booting with “nordrand”
→ output several times, was there before so i dont think its related
/dev/nvme0n1p5: clean, … files, … blocks

i am running on kernel 5.10.23-1-MANJARO

I can switch terminal and login.

How do i find the actual problem? How do i troubleshoot this? What do i have to look for and where?

I am hyped switching to linux for my everday use, but i am a bit frustrated bc this is the 4th time i installed it in the last 3 days bc of my wifi not working and grub problems. Please help ^^ And thank you for reading this!

Nevermind,

reinstalled. Wifi adapter works on boot from Live USB. Doesn’t work after. Plug phone for USB Tethering. Get driver from AUR, doesn’t work. Want to copy driver zip i downloaded from Vendor Website but can’t mount phone. USB Tethering again, download again via PC this time, try to unpack: “compression method not supported”.

I am done. Using Linux is just not worth the days wasted and the insane amount of hassle and frustration needed in order for it to “kinda work”.

Sorry, bye

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.