Manjaro is not booting after update

Hi, guys. After a update my manjaro does not boot anymore and shows an error message. This error message has been appearing for a while but before the update it was booting normally.

Here’s the error message:

My pc specs:

Please help me!

hello,

Your system logs would help with inxi:

inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width

But since you can’t reach the terminal, you maybe need first to restore your system with timeshift snapshot… use a manjaro bootstick and restore your system from there and after that you maybe post here your system information.

Hi, Kobold. Thanks for helping me, I don’t have a snapshot to go back :sob:. I’ll save important files on my pendrive and install a new manjaro.

Risky life i would say :slight_smile:

Timeshift snapshot’s are not big and would safe a lot of time, that you would wasted from reinstalling a OS… even a 30Gbyte USB stick could probably store a snapshot already, if you dont have a external drive.

It doesn’t look like you can reach TTY at this point… Do you have other Kernels installed?

And choose them from the Grub Menue?

Im a little out of clue in this situation, maybe someone other can help you with this issue then… my experience is limited around this Linux issues.

If no one else step in and has a solution, you could still use a Bootstick and boot into life environment and backup your other files from there, before you reinstall your system.

Kernel: 6.6.10

hmm was this the last Kernel update from last month? I have 6.6.19 on my rig btw.

Maybe you could also chroot from life boot and try install a older LTS Kernel like 5.15 or 6.1

If your update got interrupted you could also keep updating your missing files from there with the chroot command. But i have no first hands experience yet and don’t want to brick your system even more.

I’m using the life environment to backup my files. I don’t have other kernels installed, how can I install other kernel?

Stop posting images of text! Post preformatted text.

And read error and preferably copy it (or main parts of it) into a search engine. As you can see it says [Hardware Error]. It’s something with your RAM probably.

Ok. But my RAM is working fine. I still can boot my windows.

Boot into different kernel? Or chroot and install it first if you don’t have any.

To answer this, I’d actually myself need to consult the manual page or the Wiki.
What did you find when you asked the search engine of your choice this exact question?
… possibly add “Manjaro” to the search terms …

When I try to install another version I get this error:

sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux61
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 multilib is up to date
error: no targets specified (use -h for help)

The following is what I get with the same command:

LANG=C sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux61
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 multilib is up to date
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) linux61-6.1.80-1

Total Download Size:   138.06 MiB
Total Installed Size:  143.42 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]

Make sure you refresh your mirrors before you run that again?

I’ve ran this command: sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack && sudo pacman -Syyu and this was the final result:

::INFO Mirror list generated and saved to: /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
 core                                  150.3 KiB   168 KiB/s 00:01 [####################################] 100%
 extra                                   8.7 MiB  6.04 MiB/s 00:01 [####################################] 100%
 multilib                              143.8 KiB   708 KiB/s 00:00 [####################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: plymouth: local (24.004.60-6) is newer than extra (22.02.122-17)
 there is nothing to do

Then, I tried to install the kernel again and got the same error…

Install it with pacman.

I installed it with pacman updated my grub and rebooted. Tried to boot with linux61 and I got an error saying:

Failed to wait for daemon to reply: Connection timed out

I had similar issue. After upgrade update-grub somehow disappeared which leaded to wrong kernel table in grub menu. Boot from the kernel list if you still can, install via pacman update-grub package and run update-grub command. Then reboot and choose default kernel in grub.