Manjaro is freezing and i can't turn it off

i looked up online for a solution but didn’t find any

i’m not sure why it’s freezing but it seems to be random and i can’t shut down the system from the shut down button but instead i have to turn it off from the power supply which might cause issues corrupt data or just discard my projects while i’m working before i could save and yes the shut down button is set to turn the system down

i did update my gpu driver but i think i might have picked the wrong one i’m using a 1050ti (i picked video-nvidia instead of the video-nvidia-390xx so this might be the problem but idk if deleting the driver would solve it or make more trouble

please help

First provide your system information so it tells people more about your hardware and all.

Try to see if you can find obvious errors in your journal sudo journalctl -p 3 -xb-1

video-nvidia-390xx is the old legacy driver version for old cards. video-nvidia is the current Nvidia video driver, most likely what you want.

sorry my bad, i’m running manjaro xfce on a ryzen 5 3600, a gtx 1050ti, and an asrock motherboard (asrock 450m ds3h v2) i looked at the journal and the errors are GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken i’m not familiar with linux yet and i’m trying to learn it so if you could tell me what it means i’d appreciate it and sorry if i’m not seeing something that’s in front of me

Please read what I linked to properly post good information.

2 Likes

i did, thanks for the help!